Grandparents

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by tempra, Oct 26, 2006.

1. tempra

tempra TPF Noob!

I went to a friends babys christening on Sunday, took a few shots as you do, and I liked this one the most. The baby fell asleep half way through and didn't wake at all in the ensuing get a pic with the baby rush.

What do you think?

[​IMG]

2. Alison

Alison Swiss Army Friend Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I like this a lot. The occasion is great for a formal portrait and I think they will be very pleased. Only thing I would suggest is a touch more saturation and/or contrast.

3. AprilRamone

AprilRamone TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I'm not a big fan of her expression. Also, I think it would have been nice if she had the baby tilted more so that you could see more of her!

4. KevinR

KevinR TPF Noob!

A couple of things to watch for next time you shoot something like this is watch to see if the people are just moving their eyes to look at you instead of actually moving their heads. The grand mother would have looked alot more natural if she would have turned her head to you. And like what April said, would have liked to see the baby tilted up more. PP would give this image a little more pop too. But it's still a decent shot, seriously.

5. tempra

tempra TPF Noob!

Thanks for the comments and help, there were about four other people taking pics at the same time as me, so I think she wasn't sure where to look - hence the sideways look.

I also didn't want to overdo it on the saturation, as the colours are pretty much as they were in the church - and that was quite dim as it was a miserable day outside, but I might have a play with it to see how it comes out.

I do need more practise at this sort of photography, and get people to look at me - do you think if I did it naked...... ;)

Cheers!

6. KevinR

KevinR TPF Noob!

You would definitely get some kind of reaction.:D