TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Any one here play around with that?

*EDIT*
After discussion with a moderator we came to the conclution this should go here. For those who are curious as to what these are, They are in the simplest terms, photos from a simulator. It's a side quest (for lack of a better way of saying it) on a video game. The games primary function is that of a racing game, this function was added so players of the game could take pictures of their favorite cars and what not and print them out on their home computer, I just took it to a diffrent level as one of my primary photographic interests is automotive. The games creator is such a sticler for accuracy the side quest is almost as realilistic a simulaton as the game it self. The images are created on a video game as opposed to actual photography methods but, given that one does need some photography insight to get good results due to the photo mode working in the same manner as a dSLR I play around with it a lot as a means of composition R&D.

Part of the reason I ask, is I am curious as to if any one here considers it a feasible form of Photography requiring atleast a little shooting ability to get good images or if it's nothing more than a glorified screencap that any one can do?

Well, some reasent pics for any one interested, these are the images I use to create the GT4 desktops I use.

IMG0074.jpg

IMG0061.jpg

IMG0014.jpg

IMG0040.jpg

Cool shots, I love gran turismo. In fact I took a few a long time ago:

Vanquish-edited-5.jpg

Vanquish-edited-4.jpg

Vanquish-edited-3.jpg

IMG0032.jpg

i guess, i personally would see it as a glorified screencap because theres no REAL photography involved.. but thats just my opinion, and they still look great. I would say it still takes skill to do them, but not really photography skill as much as game control skill to get the "camera" in the right position

RKW3 I like that shot of the Silverado

i guess, i personally would see it as a glorified screencap because theres no REAL photography involved.. but thats just my opinion, and they still look great. I would say it still takes skill to do them, but not really photography skill as much as game control skill to get the "camera" in the right position

In this aspect there is a camera and you have near full controll over it. Pending witch section you use the user has full control over things like aprature, frame rotation, shutter speed (race only), focus (provided you use Manual), there are a couple lens filter options, camera location (full in PM, 64 preset pov's in race), subject position (PM only), and then some. One would have to try it to truely see just how close it is.

It's not perfect, but it's close. There are some flaws, during the Race Photos DOF gets a little off due to other vehicles being considered as a part of the BG and there is no panning ability.

yeah, i've used it before and its really cool, but as much as i'd LIKE to call it real photography, i just cant. BUT, that doesnt mean it doesnt take some skill to get it to look good.

yeah, i've used it before and its really cool, but as much as i'd LIKE to call it real photography, i just cant. BUT, that doesnt mean it doesnt take some skill to get it to look good.

Ah, I was under the asumption you had not used it before. Never the less, Yeah I too have a hard time calling it real photography as well, that is why I had a hard time trying to figure out where to put this. LaFoto and I sent a handful of PM's back and fourth brainstorming about location for just that reason.

What do ya got?

i havent used it in a long time, and it was on my ps2 (are you using it on ps3?) so i had no way of uploading the pictures to my computer, but i did play around with it a little, it was fun

oh, ic, i have a ps3 so maybe if i buy the game for that, i'll do more with it.

I agree with shorty, seems more like a glorified screenshot.

I wouldn't call it real "photography" either, but it sure is a pretty fun simulator.
happy0031.gif

moz-screenshot-6.jpg

ok... GT vs. FORZA, the battle begins NOW! lol...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back