GranTurismo 4's Photo Mode

great another battle...brb I gotta start up photoshop to edit someones pics hehe :)

Forza 2 has been proven to have a better graphic simulator over the GT line, the GT line uses more vectors (or somehting liek that) and creates more shiny eye candy, but is less of a true representation, also the backgrounds SUCK (look at that crowd of people) Also the Xbox gets a HUGE advantage in pressure sensitive triggers rather than either pressed-or-not-pressed buttons on the PS2/PS3 (unless you use a wheel and pedal system)

lets keep this one friendly though, no name calling or seriously getting upset, that other argument was one to be ashamed of, this one will be in all good fun

dude... dont start this. but, just so you have your facts straight, the ps2 controller DOES have pressure sensitive buttons (not the triggers, but x,triangle, circle, square) but ps3's controller has pressure sensitive triggers, so -I- win... end of story. please resume your thread. and dslrnoob.... play nice! erave was just kidding about that.

Guys that is not why I started this thread, If it was to become a GT forza debate it should have happened wile it was in Off topic chat, but now that it has been moved it should stick to the simulated images.

i completely agree, and appologize. We're PMing each other and trying to sort this out... i have been trying to play some ps2 games on my ps3 though (on a 32 inch LCD tv) and the video quality seems really low and not sharp at all... do know know if i should expect something like that jsut becase the tv is bigger or something? i want to try that photo thing, but i was really disheartened by the quality...

err I mean......... the concept of completely rendered digital photography is intriguing. I haven't played with the photo mode in GT (because I don't own the game) but it is quite interesting that it gives you that much control. The "photo" mode on Sega GT 2002 (old game that used to come bundled with some Xboxes) was really crappy, you pushed a button during a replay and it took a screen shot, no control or anyhting. Despite the control I would not call rendered photography real photography, but possibly a different medium of art.

i completely agree, and appologize. We're PMing each other and trying to sort this out... i have been trying to play some ps2 games on my ps3 though (on a 32 inch LCD tv) and the video quality seems really low and not sharp at all... do know know if i should expect something like that jsut becase the tv is bigger or something? i want to try that photo thing, but i was really disheartened by the quality...

If the screen is capable of 1080i I would try that, but I have been disenchanted with flat screen LCD quality in general for a wile.

err I mean......... the concept of completely rendered digital photography is intriguing. I haven't played with the photo mode in GT (because I don't own the game) but it is quite interesting that it gives you that much control. The "photo" mode on Sega GT 2002 (old game that used to come bundled with some Xboxes) was really crappy, you pushed a button during a replay and it took a screen shot, no control or anyhting. Despite the control I would not call rendered photography real photography, but possibly a different medium of art.

I'll get a picture of the photomode layout so you can see how the options are laidout.

well... its capable of 720, but the ps3 can output in 1080 if it wants... i'll have to look into it though, becasue all my ps3 games look great on it, but when i try playign ps2 stuff, they look really bad... i've hooked up the ps2 to my tv before though and had the same results so i dont think its the ps2 emulator in the ps3 acting up or anything... and i'm using hdmi too, so i dont know.. i'm going to try it out in a few minutes and see if i can figure anything out... i'll report back!

how do i get into photo mode?

how do i get into photo mode?

The Photomode photomode is located in the upper left corner I think as photo travel

Photodrive photomode is located in any one of the track halls. The places you can go to for single races and practice. and their around the map near the corners. "Original circuts", "real circuts" and what not, I don't use them very much as they are solo stuff using Game play graphics

Replay photomode, the race replay needs to be saved and viewed in the replay theater, during the replay hit the select button to bring up the options, the draw back is it freezes the frame and you have to use shutter speed to show speed as opposed to panning. it also works on game play graphics so longer shots work better but close can be done if done right.

your video quality issue may be you have alreddy gotten accustomed to the PS3 capibilities, but if that where the case the images shown here would be the same to you, I don't know.

any idea how to save an image from the game onto my ps3? or get it onto my computer from there? i tried doing the save to memory card thing, and it somehow put the photo somewhere but i have no idea where because it wasnt in my photos on the ps3 or anything...

scratch that, i figured it out. New question. is there a way to make these higher quality? also, how do i take photos during a race like yours?

IMG0000.jpg

this is kinda fun. I'd like to see if the next gran turismo game for ps3 has an even better version of this, because that would be pretty cool.
heres one more for now-

IMG0002.jpg

To get pics during a race, save the instant replay after a race, and then go to the "replay center" to open and watch that saved replay.

Once there I'm pretty sure you press SELECT to open the photo mode.

Anyways I think that's how it's done I havn't played in a REALLY long time though haha.

Its got its limitations, but you have many many real life photo shooting options and full manual. Its pretty fun. I did these like 2 years ago, just dug them out.

IMG0005.jpg

IMG0005B.jpg

IMG0005C.jpg

Most reactions

Back