Chris of Arabia

Herding cats since 1988...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

On our last morning in Hong Kong, we walked up the hill a little to where a series of cemeteries sit above the Cosmopolitan Hotel and had a wander round. This was in the Muslim area, where we were left undisturbed for a short while. We then moved to the Christian part where we were to all intents and purposes 'thrown out'. Seems the attendant couldn't get his head around the idea that it was a aesthetically interesting location, and wanted to know whether I was going to use the photographs for business purposes. More from this location later. Oh and this is the first image I've processed from the new 5D MkII - so much data to work with.

Wow, you must be pleased with the result...tons of detail even in the shaded background (and in the light coloured marble of the monument itself - you can see all the 'grain' lines!)

How odd/sad about being booted out though. :confused:

Ooooo that is sooo cool!
very neat
if it were me, i would crop out that one in the foreground as i find it distracting, and straighten it up a little bit.
i really like it in b&w :) nice

In hindsight, I'd had got in a little closer and done the crop in camera, but I'd only got the 5DMkII the day before and I was concentrating more on not dropping anything. Also, I'm loathe to go around standing on the graves, which might have been what I'd needed to do and I prefer to retain the image proportions unless there is absolutely no other way of getting what I need. As an early indication of what the body will do with a L series lens on it, I'm quite pleased with the results. The image does appear to me to have greater depth than the 350D I've used for the last 3 years or so - I'm looking forward to getting to know it better.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back