Graveyard experience

Keith Gebhardt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.frombeyondmedia.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, i was on my way home from hacketstown NJ, drove by the front gate of this semitary. 1st thing i noticed. was the gate. beautiful. 2nd thing i knoticed. old wooden bridge going over river to the actual cemetary. 1st thing to come to mind from that was, this is an old cemetary. i took a stroll and it just so happen to be sun was setting. some beautiful amber light being reflected down upon.

Heres what i got of that day.. please let me know how you feel. # 3 might be my favorite.

1.)
wj9rg2.jpg

2.)
_DSC0046resized.jpg

3.)
_DSC0048resized-2.jpg

4.)
_DSC0052resized.jpg

5.)
_DSC0055resized.jpg

6.)
_DSC0060resized.jpg

7.)
_DSC0063resized.jpg

8.)
_DSC0067resized.jpg

9.)
_DSC0068resized.jpg

10.)
_DSC0081resized.jpg

i agree with the above comment. 2 is sweet. but those are weird stones, not a jewish grave, is it? jews dont bring polished stones with words written on them to a cemetery....

the watermark is distracting, IMO.

i dont beleive so... i think it was just a kind gesture ones loved one thought of. I feel the rocks were a way that person felt that the deceased being portraied their life. Kind. Happy. Careing... etc.

I found it unique, never seen it before either.

I very much like the golden light reflected off the tombstones in 5.

Great pictures!
but please lose the watermark, it's killing (no pun intended) these photo's.

pascal

yucky overly large watermarks. pics are ok. i like the stones #2.

Enough has been said about those monstruously large watermarks, so I need not repeat any of that (though I feel it, too), but I really like the narrow DOF on the little stones, and I like the bench, but would have loved to see some more DOF there, plus the whole back of the bench inside the frame.

The evening sky reflecting on the stones in the fifth photo is also a really nice touch.

I also quite like the very simple composition of 7, but see some camera shake. You were losing your light fast, right?

Ok, so now I dont feel so odd about posting pitcures of a cemetary...
Yours are definatly alot better than any of mine though!!!
I like them, #8 is my favorite though.

Wonderful series.
I like 2 and 6 the best.

Dani.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back