Graveyard in bright sunlight

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Inspired by some very interesting graveyard photos that I had the chance to see at on this very Photo Forum, I decided that I, too, wanted to take some photos on a graveyard.

On the day I had a chance to go and explore, the sun was shining brightly (for a change!), so - maybe also due to my very limited knowledge of the technology of photography - my photos are anything but sombre.

You might like them all the same?

Themes_Graveyards5.jpg

Graveyard13.jpg

Themes_Graveyards7.jpg

Graveyard12bw.jpg

Nice work, LaFoto! Mark the Kiwi was calling me "Goth Gurl" for awhile there, since I too love the cemetery for photos, and I've posted about a million of them. :wink: They can be fun, can't they?

I think #2 is my fave of this group. Great composition, and the yellow leaves over the gray background is an excellent color contrast. Good use of DOF here, too. All in all, very nicely done! :thumbsup:

Your B&W is a mite too contrasty for me. I'd love to see a little more shadow detail there, though you may have gone for this look intentionally. It's also very well composed.

Good work! :D

Nice work all of them but the second one really stands out for me.

Terri, just one word about the b+w one: that one came in the colour batch, of course, and it was oh-so-clearly overexposed. I tried to "save" it by making use of the harsh contrasts which - so I thought - might come out better in b+w. They're still too harsh, right?

Actually, I was out looking for angels on that graveyard, since many of the American graveyards seem to have many more monuments. I found only one - but I'm still to scan that one. It's a pity the photos suffer so in the scanning process...

Well, I might enter yet a couple more of the series, if you like?

So here's the only angel that I could find:
Themes_Graveyards14.jpg

A close-up of the same:
Themes_Graveyards15.jpg

And a couple of others taken on the same day:
Themes_Graveyards17a.jpg

Themes_Graveyards16.jpg

Themes_Graveyards19.jpg

Themes_Graveyards18.jpg

Nice additions! You're killin' me here....I love to get shots like these in full color, then manipulate them further using Poalroid films. They turn into these timeless, strange things, but must always start as strong color shots, and you've captured that beautifully here. (I haven't done any alt-stuff in awhile, as you can see I'm getting itchy!) :wink:

A well-done series! :D

Most reactions

Back