Graveyard photoshoot w/ the new sigma 8mm... C&C PLEASE

shortpballer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dossantoslemone.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just picked up the new lens today. I LOVE it. It captures color way better than my tokina fisheye. Please give me some feedback on what you think about the pictures. Some are cropped, some are not. Constructive criticism is not only welcome but encouraged. I just want to get better. Sorry there are 5 pictures...I wanted to put around 9, so it was already really hard to narrow it down to these 5. This photography thing is WAY too much fun :D
graveyard6.jpg

graveyard7.jpg

graveyard8.jpg

graveyard9.jpg

graveyard10.jpg

Were these pics taken in Monrovia/Duarte by any chance? The cemetery looks familiar...

Personally, I think there is a place and time for fisheye lenses, and I don't think this was one of them. Also, they kind of just look like snapshots, that happen to have a fisheye view on them.

Not trying to be harsh, and perhaps people have other imput/disagree, but that's just my personal opinion.

I do, however, think you should go back and shoot with a less wide lens- places like this can make for wonderful shots!

Personally; I do not like the fisheye look, but the colors look very good in all of the photos.

Personally, I think there is a place and time for fisheye lenses, and I don't think this was one of them. Also, they kind of just look like snapshots, that happen to have a fisheye view on them.

Not trying to be harsh, and perhaps people have other imput/disagree, but that's just my personal opinion.

I do, however, think you should go back and shoot with a less wide lens- places like this can make for wonderful shots!
i completely agree with melissa marie's point of view. i love the peculiar charm of old, beautiful cemeteries and cemetery photography, but these just don't do it for me.
that said the lens seems to be working smoothly and, apart from the pp on 3 and 4 (i can't find anything beautiful in the shadow/highligts over-tweaking that many people seem to like so much) the colour rendition is indeed nice. good buy!

(4) looks great and for the rest of them DONT FISH THEM.

I assume you where just testing?

One question and one snippet of feedback:

Did you use a flash in some of these?

Move away from objects close to the fisheye as they are out of focus and skewed by the lens's distortion.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back