Graveyard visit

abnormalreply

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What do you guys think? I uploaded the third on in B&W also; not sure which looks better.

2z4zhjk.jpg

1/3

2crn4lj.jpg

2/3

f4gwi9.jpg

3/3

fuuzht.jpg

3/3 B&W

#1 looks oversaturated, the bright yellows are getting blurry highlights

#2 the subject's face is in shadow. Usually the face is the central focus of the image because the viewer's eye will gravitate here.

#3 The white flowers and the patterns on the skirt are so white that they distract from the background, which is arguable more interesting than the composition allows. Try doing a selective dodge on the skirt and the flowers in order to lower the visual priority of these areas.

I feel the 3rd black and white photo has good emotion in it. Great photos!

You are fighting an uphill battle with this subject. It's like visiting a land of cliches. They're everywhere.

Know why this image doesn't work? As a viewer, I'm supposed to believe that this is a personal experience for this girl -- presumably she's lost someone she cares about -- but there are 10-20 other tombstones in the background. There is nothing personal about it. So the picture doesn't feel genuine. The emotion is not there.

I almost find the black & white photo insulting -- certainly annoying -- because it is such a ham-handed try at conveying emotion.

You are fighting an uphill battle with this subject. It's like visiting a land of cliches. They're everywhere.

Know why this image doesn't work? As a viewer, I'm supposed to believe that this is a personal experience for this girl -- presumably she's lost someone she cares about -- but there are 10-20 other tombstones in the background. There is nothing personal about it. So the picture doesn't feel genuine. The emotion is not there.

I almost find the black & white photo insulting -- certainly annoying -- because it is such a ham-handed try at conveying emotion.

+1

I get what you were going for, but the image conveys the feeling that these were posed shots. If your going to do this, you have to REALLY sell it and as "white" said I think that would begin with isolating the subject with one tombstone (maybe find one stone slightly away from others, then throw the background OOF with a large aperture). Get in tight on the facial expression of the model which should really push the emotion to another level.

And the lighting in this set is, not holding anything back, horrid. You need to light the subject better....once again...to make sure the emotion is on display.

~Tom

i dont like her outfit!

Most reactions

Back