Gray cards

I begin absolutely every setting with a grey card. Yeah... within the session. In other words, every time I move to a new location, even if its 20 ft. away, I shoot a new card and set the white balance in the camera.

-Pete

Actually it's a difference in spelling between American and British English. "Grey" is to "colour" what "gray" is to "color." Both are acceptable. In the U.S. it's typically "gray."

Yes? So see, you're spelling it wrong. You just proved my point. Bloody colonials can't spell. :lol:

I begin absolutely every setting with a grey card. Yeah... within the session. In other words, every time I move to a new location, even if its 20 ft. away, I shoot a new card and set the white balance in the camera.

-Pete

Kudos. I'm sure that saves you much time in post.

-Pete

I do the same thing, one of the reasons is that some of my work is shot teathered and the clients see the results right there. They know there is lots to be done, but this way they can see that the colours are showing as they should and we are creating the base look they want.

I think I'm going to add shooting a frame to my workflow. Seems like it's not hurting anything, only helping.

Most reactions

Back