TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
untitled-676-Edit-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg

Thanks For Looking Any Comments/Criticism Will Be Appreciated

Enezdez

Hmmmm, I found a " buffalo " the other day while metal detecting but it didn't look this good. Really nice sight and photo too!

The light quality and direction is good and the focus is good.

What lens did you use?
For me the bokeh, the visual quality of the blurred background, not the amount of blur, is less than pleasing having a jittery or nervous look to my eye.
Like fingernails being dragged across a blackboard.

I'm also uncomfortable with the framing, feeling that there is to much space between the bison and the left side of the frame.
I would crop away about 1/2 of the frame between the bison's head and the left side of the frame. I would first try cropping so the rock on the ground is still in the frame and then crop a bit more so the rock isn't in the frame.

Last edited:
Hmmmm, I found a " buffalo " the other day while metal detecting but it didn't look this good. Really nice sight and photo too!

Thank You!

What lens did you use?
For me the bokeh, the visual quality of the blurred background, not the amount of blur, is less than pleasing having a jittery or nervous look to my eye.

I'm also uncomfortable with the framing, feeling that there is to much space between the bison and the left side of the frame.
I would crop away about 1/2 of the frame between the bison's head and the left side of the frame. I would first try cropping so the rock on the ground is still in the frame and then crop a bit more so the rock isn't in the frame.

Hi KmH,

Here are the particulars:

D750
f/4.0
ISO 100
1/320 Sec.
70 - 200 mm - f/2.8E FL ED VR
200 mm

I can definitely crop it in the manner in which you described (I will try it). I too kinda feel there is to much space the bison's head and the left side of the frame.

Thanks for your input,

Enezdez

What lens did you use?

Hi KmH,

Here are the particulars:

D750
f/4.0
ISO 100
1/320 Sec.
70 - 200 mm - f/2.8E FL ED VR
200 mm

I can definitely crop it in the manner in which you described (I will try it). I too kinda feel there is to much space the bison's head and the left side of the frame.

Thanks for your input,

Enezdez

Here is my new cropped version please let me know what you think:

untitled-676-Edit-Edit-Edit-2-Edit.jpg

Thanks!

Enezdez

Last edited:
The quality of that bokeh is almost painful to my eyes.

And that’s from the newest Nikon 70-200? Man, that’s crazy. Not a fan of that at all.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back