Great Blue Heron + Bonus beaver

leighthal

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was taking pictures today of this heron. I was in the process of packing up and calling it a day when out popped a beaver. With no time to select settings I threw the half folded tripod into the ditch, grabbed the camera and hoped for the best. Settings were too shallow to get the beaver in focus and the 2 second timer was being cursed. It seems beavers can travel quite far in 2 seconds ;)
In the end...... it's a shot that almost was.

3491052395_239437f555_b.jpg

apeture 6.3 400mm 1/350s iso 100
original is here.... lots of pp due to ill placed foliage...ahem.... ill placed photographer

Sure love the image of the heron! And the swimming beaver adds that little extra bit of interest to the shot. Good reaction time on your part.

Very cool shot.......:thumbup:

Not to rain on your parade, or thread title, but beaver are primarily nocturnal, and considerably bulkier........I believe what you have is a muskrat.

Very cool shot.......:thumbup:

Not to rain on your parade, or thread title, but beaver are primarily nocturnal, and considerably bulkier........I believe what you have is a muskrat.

Thank you for the correct identification. As I was reading it I had a DOH moment as you can see a tail. When beavers swim you can't see their tails.

Thanks all for your comments.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back