www.ketadesign.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello!

Please let me know if you prefer the full shot

Heron1mar07far.jpg

or the close up

Heron1mar07close.jpg

I like the full shot because the snowy mountains look quite nice, and I like the close shot because the light is cool and the little water drops 'dancing' under the Heron.

Thanks folks!

I like more the first one. I don't feel good with the composition of the second one. There's too much space up and down in the picter, maybe consider cropping it as a landscape.

Well ya got a lot of noise going on here, curious of your settings, and ISO...and WB.... quite a cast ??

but this may be the only size your gonna get with these shots, so guess I prefer #2..

yes, the full one looks better. not only because of the noise which is so apparent in the crop.

it's a film scan . . . I don't usually show such a degree of close-up.

Thanks for your comments!

Here's the second one as a landscape, if that changes anyone's mind.

Heron1mar07fix.jpg

Hmm...not sure if I like either, but if I chose it would be two...only because the view in the first is breathtaking, but yet, you can't tell that it is....it's very blurred and grainy...almost the same for the second. The water should be sparkling and a lot sharper...the bird looks decent, yet still blurred...what camera did you use...ISO? fstop? WB? something is off...Would be a beautiful shot in this area though, the mountains were beautiful I can tell.

It's your iso - this shot is increadibly grainy. You should have used a lower iso.

I like the 1st one better. Mostly because you can't do much cropping to this until the grain becomes unpleasant.

Thanks people! the light was VERY weak that day.
I can't remember what the settings on the camera were . . . I had it on auto! *shame*

In the future I will play more with the aperture and speed (possibly at the expense of capturing the subject at the exact moment I want to, but . . . you can't have everything! right? that's how we learn.) :mrgreen:

Thanks again; every time I ask a question on here I get a LOT of good advice on what I need to work on most. :thumbup: :heart:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back