Great Blue Heron

AIRIC

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.airic.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took Corina’s advice and took another stroll today and was rewarded with more and better Blue Heron photos then I got yesterday. It was a very lucky weekend for me but I had to be patient wait for the birds. All weekend they have been flying closer then I have ever seen. It was great. Also got some good Canada Geese and other birds but they will have to wait.

lynde30oct9278.jpg

lynde30oct9280.jpg

lynde30oct9281.jpg

lynde30oct9285.jpg

lynde30oct9287.jpg

lynde30oct9301.jpg

lynde30oct9302.jpg

lynde30oct9319.jpg

lynde30oct9320.jpg

lynde30oct9321.jpg

lynde30oct9322.jpg

My wife can’t understand how I can wait for hours for a bird to take-off but get impatient waiting for a 30sec red light :) Anyway, I hope you enjoy the photos as much as I did taking them.

Eric

AIRIC said:
I took Corina’s advice and took another stroll today ...

:biggrin:

Sometimes my ideas are good, right? ;)

And once more I must say: your patience that you are showing with "your birds" very obviously and clearly pays off, while I do understand that you can get very impatient after 30 seconds at red traffic light!

I must give myself much more patience when I go out into the surroundings, I think. MUCH more that I have ever shown so far.

Maybe I could inspire you to go out on another morning stroll and you can inspire me to become more patient?

Hard to believe this thread hasn't seen more coments, as these pics are exceptional. Airic, please send me some co-ordinates for this spot.. Is it the Marsh? I would love to try to capture a good shot of a heron this weekend.

I'm just jealous that the only GBH pictures I have got are all of the pond and the bird looks like a giant stick at the far end. ;)

The photos are spectacular. They are worthy of being used in and ID or birding book. The one with the dragging feet in the water is amazing (shame his wing covers his head, but that is beyond the point)

Raymond J Barlow said:
Hard to believe this thread hasn't seen more coments, as these pics are exceptional. Airic, please send me some co-ordinates for this spot.. Is it the Marsh? I would love to try to capture a good shot of a heron this weekend.

Hey guys, thanks for the comments. It was a blast shooting these. Raymond, these were shot at Lyndeshore Conservation area in Whitby. Get off at Brock Rd in Whitby and go south one block then back west. You will pass a sports complex on the right and a hospital and housing on the left then you will come to the marsh. Parking is on the west side of the marsh. When you pass the marsh you will see a boardwalk and that is where I took all the images. Both days I shot multiple flights. You do have to get there early. Other photogs have said it is pretty common for them to fly that close down there. If you plan to visit drop me a PM and I will see if I can make it down at the same time and meet you.

Eric

What a series!! :thumbup:

Your patience really paid off here. Great job! :)

AIRIC said:
Hey guys, thanks for the comments. It was a blast shooting these. Raymond, these were shot at Lyndeshore Conservation area in Whitby. Get off at Brock Rd in Whitby and go south one block then back west. You will pass a sports complex on the right and a hospital and housing on the left then you will come to the marsh. Parking is on the west side of the marsh. When you pass the marsh you will see a boardwalk and that is where I took all the images. Both days I shot multiple flights. You do have to get there early. Other photogs have said it is pretty common for them to fly that close down there. If you plan to visit drop me a PM and I will see if I can make it down at the same time and meet you.

Eric

awesome Eric, if the weather is good, I will be on my way there early Saturday morning!! I am excited!!!

I started a thread in the Meet Up forum as it looks like yourself, Canoncan, Chiller and myself will be able to make it.

Eric'

(sits shaking head) amazing, outstanding captures of a beautiful bird.

You are gifted. :hail:

AIRIC said:
I started a thread in the Meet Up forum as it looks like yourself, Canoncan, Chiller and myself will be able to make it.

Eric'

cant wait for the results!!!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the photos as much as I did taking them.

I know just how you feel. I can sit for hours and watch a heron. I love it, and I enjoyed viewing these photos all the same. Great shots.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back