Great Blue Herons

photocat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.catherinewidemire.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here are some recent images of Great Blue Herons which are magestically found in my "backyard" of the Cuyahoga Valley National Park here in NE Ohio. These guys are always fun to catch a view of. The adults stand about 3 1/2 - 4 feet tall. They are beautiful and I always feel honored to photograph them. Though I would even feel better about it if my lense was just a TADDDDDDD longer ;) ! So instead, I work the composition to what I CAN do. Enjoy - let me know what you think. - Cat

DSC_0156.JPG

DSC_0326.JPG

DSC_0010.JPG

Nice, herons are pretty big birds alright, love seeing them fly.....

They are amazing! I was deep on a trail one day last month when I saw one's wing span easilly 5 foot across ~ I got a terrible kink in my neck looking up for the next 20 minutes attempting to see where it landed in the tree tops. It was a stunning moment and I was the only one around. It took everything I had to not walk away without seeing him fly again and capturing it. They are beautiful creatures. Thanks for your reply! - Cat

Lovely well composed shots! :)

#2 rocks!

1 & 2 ore OK too tho!

Thanks for showing us!

Grah! Why did I invite her here! She is stealing all my glory and thunder! Oh wait I didn't have any!. :) :heart:

Heh heh... Great shots Cat. Although the one across the ditch is blown out in the highlights. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back