Great cameras under $750?

LiterallyEthan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm looking to buy a new camera. I want to go into filmmaking, but I also really enjoy photography. My preferred price is about $650, but I could go up to $750, and I would love a camera that takes high quality video and pictures. Some features I'd really like are image stabilization, optical zoom, and both manual and autofocus. The size and weight of the camera really don't matter to me either. So with that in mind, what cameras would you recommend?

If you want good video AF then Sony a6000, its also a great photography camera so that's a great bonus

If you want good video AF then Sony a6000, its also a great photography camera so that's a great bonus

The a6000 is a great camera for video and stills (I have it!) but it doesn't have image stabilization in the body, so you need to make sure the lenses you purchase do have it. The kit lens is stabilized and has a power zoom, which is preferable for video work. Other popular video lenses for Sony are the SEL 50 1.8 OSS (NOT the FE 50 1.8, which is not stabilized) and the 18-105 f4.

One other thing is that the a6000 doesn't have 4K video, if that matters. There is a great upgrade path for the future, though, if this is just a stepping stone camera. The a6300 has 4K, the a6500 has 4K and IBIS, and their full frame a7s line is specialized for video and low light work.

Most reactions

Back