Great Detail on this aircraft

PMorel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This Stearman Bi-Plane caught everyone's eye.

Attachments

• $Stearman393.jpg
    $Stearman393.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 266
There might have been great detail at one point, then you made it soft by your overwhelming amount of processing applied.

I agree, I find it to be a little over processed. I'd like to see the original, I bet that looks awesome. It's a pretty good shot to begin with, but the post-processing makes it look to my eye like a video game

Tough crowd....but I love it. Halo's? My clients love them....$$ Cha-Ching!

cool story.

I dig it man. Prepare for a dissertation on over-processing and how your clients don't know what they want because they're not experts like everyone on the forum, but don't let it get you down. If you're shooting and getting paid for it, you're winning in my book.

Welcome aboard!

Are your clients photographers?

My clients are clients with check books. I have been in aerial photography as a business for over 4 years and shooting "Cosmetic" type photography. In other words, shooting buildings such as homes, estates, businesses and such. Have tried my hand with aerial HDR but haven't been too pleased with my results. Need more practice in that area.

Photography is a form of art. And of course, art is in the eye of the beholder. I understand where all the critics are coming from and I agree will all of them. After all, the comments are from their perspective and my results differ from theirs. We need both negative and positive comments. If we produced photos or anything for that matter, only one way, this would be such a dull place to live.

I found early on, the photographs that I feel are my best are not necessarily what the client always want. If I process a photo and the client likes it, then I did it right. If the client does not like the results, then I change the end product to what they want. Be flexible, and don't be afraid to try something new just because someone out there doesn't like "Halos".

For those out there who would like to make a few $$$ with their photography, HDR photography can open some doors if you're willing to do it. Good Luck!

Here's another shot with Halos. Feel free to genuflect if the spirit moves you! :wink:

Attachments

• $Triple Tree Museum.jpg
    $Triple Tree Museum.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 235
Genuflect? Hardly!

Halos are definitely seen as a defect by photographers, but it's not at all clear to me that they should be seen as such generally.

If you've ever had a class in drawing, you were probably taught to put halos in on purpose. In photographic terms, it increases acutance, but in drawing class they simply say that it makes the shadow appear darker, or the highlight brighter. Halos are very poppy, and pop sells. Pictures of your aircraft with halos all over the place might well sell well, they're punchy, they look different, and nobody who hasn't been trained by TPF to look specifically for halos is even going to notice them.

It's not "straight photography" but, really, what the hell is these days?

I'm gonna like this guy.

For those out there who would like to make a few $$$ with their photography, TONEMAPPED photography can open some doors if you're willing to do it. Good Luck!

I have morals.

I am not a cartoonist, so I couldn't do this!

I think this thread needs a little more insulting bile from people who confuse their personal tastes with universals of quality. Or, really, anyone. Bile is awesome.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back