Great Detail on this aircraft

I like all kinds of "HDR" from realistic to overcooked depending on the pic. Generally I like a little overcook on subjects like cars, and airplanes, but these are way too overcooked for my personal taste.

With that said, hey, if the client likes it, go for it. If you are shooting to make $$$ then you have to provide the client with what they want...it is, after all their taste that you are trying to appease to get their $$$.

and I have no idea what HDR or tonemapping is .... sooner or later

Halos or no, that's a very sweet airplane.

I'm going to guess the reasons halos are a no-no are 1) it is unnatural 2) it is new. I think it is those two combined that make it unbearable to some. Not saying I'm for or against, just stating why I think people don't like them.

It's is interesting that HDR, which started as a way to regain the dynamic range of film, has taken on a life completely different from it's original purpose. Once the cat is out of the bag...

halos to me scream: hey I pushed this button and made the picture look cool!

kinda like how glowing edges were used on almost every picture on AOL hometown sites back in the early 90s when people got their first copy of Photoshop 3 and learn how to publish websites.

Most reactions

Back