Great-Horned Owl - babies soon

Phranquey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Owlpost1.jpg

I've been watching the male for almost a year now, and he finally has a mate! I haven't wanted to disturb her because it's been cold, and I didn't want to spook her from her eggs, but she is finally allowing me to get a "little" closer. This was still taken from quite a distance, and the wind was blowing at a pretty good clip today, so the focus is on the soft side. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of some young ones.

Thanks,

TC, after looking at some of your pics, that is quite the compliment...appreciated.

Phranquey (wouldn't "Frankie" be easier?), wonderful photo. To follow them for a year or more shows the dedication that needs to go into good wild bird photography and I can only bow to that! Do post the baby photos once you can. You have now made me curious :D.

^ +1

I like how the light illuminates the right ear (his right)....

Post pictures of the babies when they come!

I can't wait to see the babies, either! It's cool that you've been able to watch that particular owl for so long.. not to mention getting great photographs out of the experience.

Great Find!. The Focus around the eyse seems good and thats the most important thing here. I love that you are working your magic and allowing us to see the results. Keep posting!

Most reactions

Back