Reaction score
2913010622_e0f0f28ec7_o.jpg

mamiya 645 on ilford Pan-f 50
sekor-c 80mm/2.8 shot at f22
scanned with a document flatbed scanner = really bad scan job... sorry

Last edited:
Excellent!

Excellent!

Thanks man. I really can't wait to get a real scan of this one. Lots of noise and vertical banding in this scan job- even from ISO 50 film. Expected from a $80 HP printer/scanner.
I was thinking maybe this crop looks better as it hides the significantly bad quality sky...
2912912043_4fdceee6b6_o.jpg

Last edited:
I dunno- I think I like the original better. If anything, then hack a small chunk off the bottom to get rid of the 50/50 look. There's things that can be done to reduce the noise in the sky. That's a really nice shot. Reminds me of something I'd like to do :).

the contrast between the various surfaces is great.

the crop gives a very different feel as it crops out much of the less threatening sky. I think it has a much tenser feel than the original, but I do not like one more than the other.

Thanks for the responses.
I think once I get this neg scanned at the lab (in high quality) I will certainly keep it at the original, for the sky will be grain-less with the 50 ISO film I used.

I like both crops, but am leaning towards the second. The only criticism I have is that it seems the pic is cut into thirds. Yet the picture works. Awesome!!!!

Thanks!
Although you dislike the most fundamental tactic for composition (see "rule of thirds")

Most reactions

Back