Great Shot, Terrible Distraction

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Thru_These_Eyes, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Thru_These_Eyes

Thru_These_Eyes TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I recently did some shots for my sister and niece and got this GREAT shot of them, but in the middle of the shoot they were playing with leaves and I realized that a leaf was in my sisters hair but as some of you know, 3 year olds are quick and having a shoot in a park with leaves will certainly keep a toddler from paying any attention to you or sitting still so I didn't have time to stop and get the leaf out her hair otherwise I would have missed this great shot because she immediately ran away within seconds...I just recently purchased photoshop and have been following along with tutorials online to get some knowledge but I have no idea how to get this leaf out of her hair. It takes others a second to notice, but its the second thing I notice when looking at the picture and if possible, I would love for someone to help me get rid of it or at least tell me how I might do that so I can print this for them =) thanks!!

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f199/Brittany31Allyn/IMG_2170.jpg?t=1226498126

2. ksmattfish

ksmattfish Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still

Photos NOT OK to edit
  3. Thru_These_Eyes

Photos OK to edit
    i found a link to put in there that will allow you to see it =)

4. laam999

laam999 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    thats really unlucky man, I'm not really sure what you can do but I hope you can sort it out

5. rubbertree

rubbertree TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    yes, just clone it out.

6. cecilc

cecilc TPF Noob!

This is definitely a case of "Easier said than done!" .....

It's one thing to blithely say, "yes, just clone it out." And quite another matter to actually DO it - and make it look "natural" and as if nothing's been done to it ....

In my opinion, this would take some wicked photoshop skills - you've got wisps of her hair in there; you've got part of her nose and the bridge of her nose in there; you've got skin tones and graduated skin tones between light and shadow to "mix" .... again, in my opinion, this is not an easy "fix" .....

7. Thru_These_Eyes

Photos OK to edit
    Thank you...I do think its a lot easier said then done when it comes to cloning...I have just purchased PS in July so I haven't really mastered any types of skills other than cropping he he, but I was just hoping that maybe there was a quick fix....wishful thinking =) Thanks for the feedback

8. Thru_These_Eyes

Photos OK to edit
    Hmmm....would it maybe help if I took copies from other pictures and placed random leafs in the picture as if a handful of them were thrown in the air prior to the picture being taken? Maybe it would make the singled out lead less of a distraction?

9. christm

christm TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I've had this problem before, luckily not on a vital picture. I tried in Photoshop to correct it with the clone tool however it looks terrible.

Good luck anyway.

10. rufus5150

rufus5150 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Truth be told, with your daughter's expression, that leaf helps make that photo.

11. yogibear

yogibear TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    It may not be ideal but my focus was so much on the daughters expression it took me a sec to find the leaf you were refering too. It wont be the perfect shot, however i think you did capture the moment well.

12. rubbertree

rubbertree TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I did not "blithely" say anything. I actually saved it to my computer and cloned it out myself before commenting. I do not have "wicked" photoshopping skills but in all honesty, it took less than two minutes to clone it out and I fixed some distracting stray hairs while I was at it.
    Try it. Zoom in real close, use a small cloning tool and take your time.