Great Shot, Terrible Distraction

Thru_These_Eyes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently did some shots for my sister and niece and got this GREAT shot of them, but in the middle of the shoot they were playing with leaves and I realized that a leaf was in my sisters hair but as some of you know, 3 year olds are quick and having a shoot in a park with leaves will certainly keep a toddler from paying any attention to you or sitting still so I didn't have time to stop and get the leaf out her hair otherwise I would have missed this great shot because she immediately ran away within seconds...I just recently purchased photoshop and have been following along with tutorials online to get some knowledge but I have no idea how to get this leaf out of her hair. It takes others a second to notice, but its the second thing I notice when looking at the picture and if possible, I would love for someone to help me get rid of it or at least tell me how I might do that so I can print this for them =) thanks!!

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f199/Brittany31Allyn/IMG_2170.jpg?t=1226498126

thats really unlucky man, I'm not really sure what you can do but I hope you can sort it out

yes, just clone it out.

This is definitely a case of "Easier said than done!" .....

It's one thing to blithely say, "yes, just clone it out." And quite another matter to actually DO it - and make it look "natural" and as if nothing's been done to it ....

In my opinion, this would take some wicked photoshop skills - you've got wisps of her hair in there; you've got part of her nose and the bridge of her nose in there; you've got skin tones and graduated skin tones between light and shadow to "mix" .... again, in my opinion, this is not an easy "fix" .....

Thank you...I do think its a lot easier said then done when it comes to cloning...I have just purchased PS in July so I haven't really mastered any types of skills other than cropping he he, but I was just hoping that maybe there was a quick fix....wishful thinking =) Thanks for the feedback

Hmmm....would it maybe help if I took copies from other pictures and placed random leafs in the picture as if a handful of them were thrown in the air prior to the picture being taken? Maybe it would make the singled out lead less of a distraction?

I've had this problem before, luckily not on a vital picture. I tried in Photoshop to correct it with the clone tool however it looks terrible.

Good luck anyway.

It may not be ideal but my focus was so much on the daughters expression it took me a sec to find the leaf you were refering too. It wont be the perfect shot, however i think you did capture the moment well.

This is definitely a case of "Easier said than done!" .....

It's one thing to blithely say, "yes, just clone it out." And quite another matter to actually DO it - and make it look "natural" and as if nothing's been done to it ....

In my opinion, this would take some wicked photoshop skills - you've got wisps of her hair in there; you've got part of her nose and the bridge of her nose in there; you've got skin tones and graduated skin tones between light and shadow to "mix" .... again, in my opinion, this is not an easy "fix" .....

I did not "blithely" say anything. I actually saved it to my computer and cloned it out myself before commenting. I do not have "wicked" photoshopping skills but in all honesty, it took less than two minutes to clone it out and I fixed some distracting stray hairs while I was at it.
Try it. Zoom in real close, use a small cloning tool and take your time.

I'm pretty savvy.. PM me if you want me to tweak the full resolution - no charge. -Shea
thru-eyes-shea-edit-small_IMG_2170.jpg
IMG_2170.jpg

Edit: Might as well host the original image inline so everyone can join the debate.

Last edited:
Wow! I'm impressed. I thought that would have been too hard and your offer to do it for the OP for free is very generous.

My out of step opinion is the leaf stays, otherwise the focus of the little one is meaningless. She is looking at the leaf & that is what put the joy in her gaze.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back