Great Wall

Goontz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I actually took these with just a point and shoot film camera several years ago and just came across them while looking through some folders. Admittedly, they were just snapshots but I always seem to come back these two as standing out to me for some reason.

GreatWall.jpg

GreatWall2.jpg

They are extremely over exposed...

"Extremely?" :scratch: Either way, like I said, it was a basic point and shoot so I didn't have any control over the exposure. Well, that and I didn't have any interest in photography/exposure/composition back then, just a basic camera and a month in Beijing :razz:

They look just fine after I darkened them. Must have been a great experience.

It was definitely an awesome experience; I'd love to go back some day. I'd be interested to see your versions, as I haven't bothered putting either of these into any sort of PP to play with.

The top one seems like you focused on the branch at the bottom right.

A little PP and small tweak of the exposure and you might have a very nice photo In my opinion.

for knowing little about composition, you certainly were on to something here. a little pp and these would be pretty nice.

Goontz, I posted in this thread for you to see if Mr. Oakes can edit your images for you.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...l-c-c-your-work-you-beginners-welcomed-5.html

I think he can only do one so tell him your favorite I guess. I would love to how it turns out.

I posted in that thread for you already to get you a spot... just in case. Just post in that thread letting him know your interested and give him the ok. Don't forget to choose which image.

Hope you like the outcome.

Cool shots!
I agree about the composition and everything. The focus on that branch is great - I wonder what the photo would be if you had an SLR!

I did some basic editing mostly just brightness and contrast adjustments.(my good software is on my other computer:lol:

GreatWall.jpg

GreatWall2.jpg

Thanks guys. It's unfortunate that I didn't have a better camera at the time or really any interest or knowledge about photography and composition. Maybe my luck with getting good composition is why they now stand out to me more than the hundreds of other shots from that trip, I don't know.

Yemme, thanks for posting over there for me. I was actually reading through that thread yesterday and looking at what he's done for people. I'll post one of them over there and see what he can do, I'm sure it'll be great. I might also try to mess with these on my own and see what I can do for them.

Well, I got bored and decided to play with these. Here's the updated versions that I've come up with:

GreatWall-1.jpg

GreatWall2-1.jpg

Most reactions

Back