Green Aspens

GeneralBenson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.fullertonimages.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Green aspens, cool right? Not when they're supposed to be bright freakin' yellow! I was out shooting a bunch of aspen trees the other day, which are all at peak color, and tons of the pictures came out with greenish looking leaves. I was shooting lemon, and got limes. What's the deal with that? All the other colors are fantastic looking. It was really bright out, so could be a contrast issue? Like the yellow is really just a super super light green, but since it was so bright, the leaves are actually underexposed to keep the sky god, which turned them back to lime green? I've played with white balance a bit, and either direction doesn't help. I thought It might be a little too cool, even though WB was on 6500K, sincethe skies are all seriously blue, but the leaves are green. Blue plus yellow equals greenish. But WB doesn't make the leaves look any more yellow and makes everything else look worse. Here's a sample. These leaves were bright yellow in person. Any help would be great. I'm confused and don't know much about PP.

IMGP9627.JPG

No EXIF data on your image, so it's difficult to do too much detective work, but I think you've got the two issues; WB and exposure. This is image is not a little under-exposed. It's a LOT under-exposed. Try it again, shoot a white card to calibrate your WB in post and take your exposure off of a grey card. I'll be your results look a whole lot different.

Holy crap. They're so underexposed. They all looked normal until I started playing with the exposure slider, then I realized how dark they are. It makes the colors look really rich, but the yellow mutates back into green.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back