Greenfield and Fontanelle, IA

hokies2379

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
IMG_6504.JPG

I've passed this for 5 years, first time I stopped to take a picture of it.

IMG_6505.JPG

I made all 4 kids stop with me on the side of the road to get this.

IMG_6506.JPG

I used to own a small town newspaper, so its probably more exciting to me than to you.

IMG_6507.JPG

Yep, a water tower

IMG_6510.JPG

I probably like this one more than most of you will. But I see this view twice a week, every week and never really took it in.

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

I like the images very much, but color tonality seems off in almost all of them. #1 and #3 have a magenta cast to them, and #2 is a bit too warm. #5 is also a bit too warm, but it looks like color grading, and works -- kind of. And in #4, there seems to be an aura around the tower. Plus there's a spot on the left that needs cloning.

I like the images very much, but color tonality seems off in almost all of them. #1 and #3 have a magenta cast to them, and #2 is a bit too warm. #5 is also a bit too warm, but it looks like color grading, and works -- kind of. And in #4, there seems to be an aura around the tower. Plus there's a spot on the left that needs cloning.

Thank you for the feedback.

Mostly looked at 3. Slightly magenta and a little crooked I think. Sorry for skimming through

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Came back and I really like the barn and windmill but that one blade comes juuust a little to close to crossing the edge out of frame. Needs some room on that side (which means a little on the left if you want the barn centered. If it wasnt a crop I wouldnt discount that picture in any way its still quite good imo

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Love #2

If you have the white balance set to Auto on your camera I highly recommend you take it out of Auto.

Using Camera Raw (ACR- which is also Lightroom's Develop module):
White balance adjustments: Temperature -44, Tint -27
Presence adjustments: Contrast +20, Clarity + 30, Vibrance + 20.
I added a narrow black border using Photoshop.

IMG_6504Edit.jpg

Nice pictures! I agree, it's nice to have pictures of things/views that we tend to take for granted every day. Good reminder of where we live.

That said, #3 is leaving me frustrated. The bottoms of the door and building are cut off. :( Also, I favor the original crop of #2 (leaving out the wind turbine). I wonder if #4 would work better in portrait orientation?

Nice pictures! I agree, it's nice to have pictures of things/views that we tend to take for granted every day. Good reminder of where we live.

That said, #3 is leaving me frustrated. The bottoms of the door and building are cut off. :( Also, I favor the original crop of #2 (leaving out the wind turbine). I wonder if #4 would work better in portrait orientation?

Yeah, I'm going back and trying #3 again this weekend.

I did #4 in portrait as well and liked it better with the extra blue. Maybe it was just me.

Thanks for your feedback!

If you have the white balance set to Auto on your camera I highly recommend you take it out of Auto.

Using Camera Raw (ACR- which is also Lightroom's Develop module):
White balance adjustments: Temperature -44, Tint -27
Presence adjustments: Contrast +20, Clarity + 30, Vibrance + 20.
I added a narrow black border using Photoshop.

View attachment 134857

I'm a fan.

My wb isn't set to auto in camera.

Thanks for the feedback and the edit!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back