Greeting folks

joseph

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.traveling-images.com
Hello my name is Joe and I live in Boston, USA. I have been participating in the Photo forum for a couple of weeks. Folks are friendly and responsiive, I got some good feedback and advice. I like it.

I have been involved with photography for many years but only in recent years it has become a more compelling endevour. I am sort of semi retired and have time to devote to photography, i.e I travel to place to take pictures. I display my "projects" on my web site that I started last year. I always look for feedback from critical eyes.

I am preparing to leave for Yellowstone in the next few days for my second winter trip. I was there last winter same time and loved it. I go alone and ski the backcountry looking for the wildlife that abounds there in the winter. I came across wolves last year but did not have a chance to take any good shots... inadequate lens and knowhow. This year I hope to come back with some good stuff. I will post it on my web site for your scrutiny.

In the meanwhile I will be roaming the forum....

hi ya joseph,
good to have ya onboard, can't wait to see your yellowstone shots, its beautiful country there! What kind of camera do you have?

cheers and welcome to the forum!

I "migrated" last year to digital and use a Nikon D100 with an F80 for film backup or when I wan to shot slides. Found digital photography undeniable, although believed that truth only existed on film and not on a virtual media... changed my mind about truth, oh well.

Your beautiful country is high on on my list of priorities to visit. Actually will send you email regarding some non photo related inqueries.

Hope to have my Yellowstone pic on web in early March, please vistit and give me feedback.

an F80 for film backup or when I wan to shot slides.

not trying ot knock carrying a backup camera. But if you're ever in a situation where you only have the digital and want a slide or film backup it is possible to get digital photo printed to negatives or slides

of course you can Tro, but the only reason I would shot slides is either the digital breaks, i.e back up, or if I want better quality then digital. To get the data that is on a slide in a digital you will need a 20magepaix digital camera. A ciba prints developed from a slide can never be match by any current digitla.

About the idea of a backup camera. For many years I had a manual Pentax KX it was built like a tank and never broke down, so I never thought about backup when I bought my first non manual camera, Nikon N80. Camera was great no problems til' one evening when I was shooting sunset pix of Delicate Arch in Arches National Park, in the middle of the first role the camera started to do weird stuff and that was the end of the shoot. Fair amount of effort was put into being there at the right time.
So..... I alway carry a backup on photo trips.

Joseph: that's a tragic story. Anyone who has seen red rock country, southern Utah in particular, knows how stunningly beautiful it is, everywhere you turn. To make the effort to be at Delicate Arch for the photo shoot and not have the backup.....whew, what a hard lesson!!! :pissed:

Southern Utah, Zion National Park....ah, it's visual music!!!! Welcome to the forum, btw. :D

Welcome aboard Joe!
BTW, if you need some more inadequate knowhow I've plenty I could let you have.

I requested your karma and I got it, great shots, if I may say so myself, of the Yellowstone canines. I what to show it to you, does anyone know how to post an image with the message? I can ot figure it out from the img button.

Hi Joseph, nice photo. Sounds like you were not disappointed on your trip.

To answer your question about posting this picture in the message, you click the "img" button, put the URL info (right click on picture, scroll to "properties" copy the URL, paste the URL) then click the "img" button again to close tag. Make sure there aren't any spaces. (i often have to delete spaces so that the info is continuous). Then submit your message and it should appear. Good luck!

Most reactions

Back