Greetings and salutations

King Riffle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Or simply hello.

I've been a member for a little while, but just recently decided to post. Where to begin?

Well, I've been into photography for a while, starting with a trip I took to Germany where I used one of my parent's 35mm point and shoots (a Vivitar, iirc). I didn't really get into it though until I got my own camera (just before my second trip to Germany, oddly enough) a Fujifilm Finepix A360. That camera was nothing short of fantastic, and I took many photos with it before one day when it would simply not turn on (as an aside, it started working again later, and now belongs to my sister).

Following that I purchased a Fujifilm Finepix Z20fd, having not done my research and instead buying based on pixel count and looks. I have many complaints about it, though to its credit it can take a good photo when it allows me to do so.

Also in my collection is an SLR, a Yashica TL-Electro, which I play around with from time to time. I've also used a Kodak Signet 40, which I liked, but it isn't mine.

Anywho, I plan on buying my first DSLR when I get my tax return back in Feb., so I'll definitely have a whole batch of questions. I'd appreciate any suggestions (my price tag at the moment would have to be <$600).

Anyway, a few pics (please excuse the watermarks, I have had someone post one of my photos on their website without letting me know or crediting me so I'm a little paranoid at the moment):

4209865947_873353a364_o.jpg

(Shot with the Z20fd, somewhere in Northern Wisconsin)

4111277126_fdcb742ef3_o.jpg

(Shot with the Z20fd, in High Cliff State Park, Wisconsin)

4210613426_e4f701e23e_b.jpg

(Shot with the Z20fd, near Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin)

4218888681_ae240350f9_b.jpg

(Shot with the Yashica, in Fond Du Lac, Wisconsin.)

Hi, welcome! Im new to the forum as well... Lucky you were able to borrow a 35mm when you went to Germany. I spent a semester abroad in Europe and only had my P&S camera (which I suppose was better then nothing), however, looking back now I really wish I was able to have some better hardware to capture some of the fantastic sights! I also plan on purchasing my first DSLR camera eventually (maybe a graduation present to myself eventually). good luck on your shooting!

Most reactions

Back