Greetings from Arizona!

SamSW

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.swimages.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Signed up about a week ago, but finally got a moment to introduce myself. My name is Sam and I was born raised in Arizona and still live here to this day!

I used to be a journalist in Maricopa, which is just south of the Phoenix area. In between shooting (and writing) the news, I started taking random scenic shots. It soon turned into a hobby.

Unfortunately journalism in a small town doesn't really pay the bills, so I ended up taking a full-time job with a property management company. The job itself is boring and repetitive (although it pays the bills), so I've started spending my off-time doing scenic stuff again.

I just finished setting up a new photo site. Went through all my older stuff and put up the best of it. It was mostly shot with point-and-shoot type cameras as those were all I really needed for the news. When I started back up, I picked up a good deal on a Canon EOS Rebel T6 and have been honing my manual skills.

My galleries are at www.swimages.net. I also started a companion blog to write about my photo trips and activities. It can be found at blog.swimages.net. If you have a moment or two, I invite you to check them out.

I'll leave you with an image I shot this past Friday morning. Picketpost Mountain near the town of Superior, about a 40 minute drive from where I live. Comments and critiques always welcome!

You have a never-ending, beautiful area to photograph. I have friends in Phoenix I try to visit about this time every year, so for an Easterner I've actually seen a good part of your area and it is fabulous. Wouldn't want to be there in the summer though!

Welcome!

We get to Maricopa about once a year. Did you move to Phoenix?

Hi, my name is Mike, & I just signed up for this group. After being away from photography for 10 years, I dusted off my cameras & started playing with them. I'm going to start shooting 35 mm black & white using Olympus XA's & XA-2's. They are pocket size cameras with high quality Zuiko lenses. I used to shoot with Nikon F-3 & a Minolta SRT 202, both SLR's, but when I found the XA series I jumped on them & had more fun.
Is there anyone who likes film rather than digitals? I'd enjoy hearing from you.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Signed up about a week ago, but finally got a moment to introduce myself. My name is Sam and I was born raised in Arizona and still live here to this day!

I used to be a journalist in Maricopa, which is just south of the Phoenix area. In between shooting (and writing) the news, I started taking random scenic shots. It soon turned into a hobby.

Unfortunately journalism in a small town doesn't really pay the bills, so I ended up taking a full-time job with a property management company. The job itself is boring and repetitive (although it pays the bills), so I've started spending my off-time doing scenic stuff again.

I just finished setting up a new photo site. Went through all my older stuff and put up the best of it. It was mostly shot with point-and-shoot type cameras as those were all I really needed for the news. When I started back up, I picked up a good deal on a Canon EOS Rebel T6 and have been honing my manual skills.

My galleries are at www.swimages.net. I also started a companion blog to write about my photo trips and activities. It can be found at blog.swimages.net. If you have a moment or two, I invite you to check them out.

I'll leave you with an image I shot this past Friday morning. Picketpost Mountain near the town of Superior, about a 40 minute drive from where I live. Comments and critiques always welcome!

Hi, I just posted an introduction, being new to this site. My name is Mike, & I live in Dewey, just a couple of miles from Prescott Valley. We lived in Phoenix for 1 1/2 years, & I did some terrific mountain biking there. The landscape is so good for photography, something we have to go a ways to find a suitable place for taking pictures. I think I'm starting to babble, so I'll say goodbye.

Hi, I just posted an introduction, being new to this site. My name is Mike, & I live in Dewey, just a couple of miles from Prescott Valley. We lived in Phoenix for 1 1/2 years, & I did some terrific mountain biking there. The landscape is so good for photography, something we have to go a ways to find a suitable place for taking pictures. I think I'm starting to babble, so I'll say goodbye.

Although I grew up in Phoenix, we spent most every summer at my aunt and uncle’s place in Prescott. I watched that whole area grow over the years!

My grandparents also had a place in Humboldt, which is next door to Dewey. My grandpa built a fake western town along the road and we were part of a group that did Old West gunfights there. They sold it off about ten years ago and this is all that’s left now:

IMG_1449.JPG

Most reactions

New Topics

Back