Greetings from Georgia

Group

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys
New guy from the Georgia suburbs. I'm looking to grow stronger as a photographer and I've heard becoming apart of communities is a nice way of doing such.
About two years ago, I got into photography because I thought it was a "cheap hobby" (ha..ha...ha...) and bought an old K1000, mostly because I loved the look of film photography.
Took my first photography course with it, and learned the importance of lighting and putting more thought into composition, rather than thinking "OH THIS LOOKS NICE" and taking a bunch of bland photos (something I'm also looking to get better with).
Eventually, my local Walgreens stopped developing film, and rather than divulge deeper buy investing in a scanner, and diy processing kit, I decided it would be in my best financial interest to go digital. So, last December, in came the K10D.
I've recently become more of a believer of "the best camera is the one that's on you," and have been shooting more with my iphone trying to capture interesting sights I see while in Atlanta, basically just dabbling a bit in street photography, as no one takes you seriously with some camera phone, in comparison to a big black box with "PENTAX" stamped on it. There's that, and trying to distance myself from the nasty habit of relying on my tech rather than the important part, the picture!

Anyway, long winded intro. Nice to meet you guys.

Welcome! There are a few of us here from Atlanta.

Welcome!
.. no one takes you seriously with some camera phone, in comparison to a big black box with "PENTAX" stamped on it.
You're going to get that from some people, and while your Pentax can make a technically better photograph, it's the eye of the photographer that makes the biggest difference.

Yes, I'm learning that more and more as I progress.
Thanks for the welcome, guys.

Most reactions

Back