Greetings from Memphis!

Cojaro

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Yep. Not really starting out in photography but I've only recently (a month ago) got my first DSLR, a Nikon D3000. So far, it's quite easy to use. I'm pleased with it. I'm in this as a hobby; I've not much else to do besides being on my college's bowling team.

I've definitely become a little trigger happy :D In the 4 or so years I've had my little Sony P&S (DSC-W5, pretty decent for its age), I took around 3,300 pictures with it. In the single month that I've had my Nikon, I've taken over 1,100 pictures. *clickclickclick* :p

Not much to photograph around here, but that's nothing a walk in the country's largest inner-city park (Shelby Farms) can't fix!

In the 1,100+ pictures I've taken thus far, I'll share with you one of my favorites:

Lucky_by_Cojaro.jpg

(Yes, it's a five-leaf clover. Lucky me! :p)

Yep, I've got a dA account, too. Been on there for more than six years now.

Thanks for looking! I hope to be on here often. Winter's coming, so there may not be much else to do, anyhow :lol:

Last edited:
WOW, great bokeh! Mind me asking what lens your using?

However, that watermark is very distracting. Its smack in the middle of the subject.

Also, maybe if you cropped it a bit vertically that would help. If you understand what I mean.

Great shot! and also, welcome to the forums!

However, that watermark is very distracting. Its smack in the middle of the subject.

Also, maybe if you cropped it a bit vertically that would help. If you understand what I mean.

I've removed the watermark.

I'm just using the kit lens, a Nikon 18-55mm VR. Here's the exif data, if you're curious about that as well:

Shutter Speed: 1/30 second
Aperture: f/5.0
Focal Length: 34 mm

I've removed the watermark.

I'm just using the kit lens, a Nikon 18-55mm VR. Here's the exif data, if you're curious about that as well:

Shutter Speed: 1/30 second
Aperture: f/5.0
Focal Length: 34 mm

wow, just the 18-55? How did you achieve such great bokeh with it? Any post proccessing involved?

wow, just the 18-55? How did you achieve such great bokeh with it? Any post proccessing involved?

Actually, I was wholly satisfied with the image as it was, so I didn't do any post-processing. I have no clue why the bokeh came out so well. It was at 34mm, which is the sharpest focal length for this lens. That might've had something to do with it.

Actually, I was wholly satisfied with the image as it was, so I didn't do any post-processing. I have no clue why the bokeh came out so well. It was at 34mm, which is the sharpest focal length for this lens. That might've had something to do with it.

to be honest, I have never seen a photo this sharp with this great bokeh that has been done with a 18-55. And even no photoshop.

That's Talent. :lol:

Good work. im hoping to see more from you on these forums :D

to be honest, I have never seen a photo this sharp with this great bokeh that has been done with a 18-55. And even no photoshop.

That's Talent. :lol:

Good work. im hoping to see more from you on these forums :D

Thanks! :D

No problem, I suggest you post this in a more "busy" forum for more attraction.

Most reactions

Back