Greetings from new member

rhimbo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello TPF friends,

Taking the invitation from the forum after completing my registration, I'm introducing myself.

I am a long-time serious amateur photographer. I learned photography from my late father who was a very serious amateur who actually sold photos to various publications such as National Geographic throughout his life.

I still have his three Leica M-3 range finder cameras of which he was the original owner. I am having trouble parting with them for sentimental reasons. I used to shoot with these about 12-15 years ago. I didn't touch a camera for 12 years (since the day we found out he had cancer).

But recently I picked up a camera when I was asked to be "the photographer" at my girl friend's niece's wedding this past April. Now I am slowly getting back to this great hobby.

As it were, my cousin sent me a new Canon EOS Rebel SL1 camera that he bought for his son but was not being used. I have a variable telephoto EFS 18-55mm lens, Polarized filter, UV filter. The camera has a So this camera will shephard my first "serious" foray into digital photography.

I live in Southern California and love to travel often around the world. I plan to take this camera with me....

Cheers....

rhimbo

Welcome! I used an SL1 for my first serious year in photography. You'll be able to get right back into it!

Welcome! The SL1 is perfect for getting back into things.

Glad you picked up photography again. Hope to see you around.

Welcome aboard.

Hello TPF friends,

Taking the invitation from the forum after completing my registration, I'm introducing myself.

I am a long-time serious amateur photographer. I learned photography from my late father who was a very serious amateur who actually sold photos to various publications such as National Geographic throughout his life.

I still have his three Leica M-3 range finder cameras of which he was the original owner. I am having trouble parting with them for sentimental reasons. I used to shoot with these about 12-15 years ago. I didn't touch a camera for 12 years (since the day we found out he had cancer).

But recently I picked up a camera when I was asked to be "the photographer" at my girl friend's niece's wedding this past April. Now I am slowly getting back to this great hobby.

As it were, my cousin sent me a new Canon EOS Rebel SL1 camera that he bought for his son but was not being used. I have a variable telephoto EFS 18-55mm lens, Polarized filter, UV filter. The camera has a So this camera will shephard my first "serious" foray into digital photography.

I live in Southern California and love to travel often around the world. I plan to take this camera with me....

Cheers....

rhimbo
Welcome!

Most reactions

Back