Greetings From Oregon

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by kitjv, Feb 6, 2010.

1. kitjv

kitjv TPF Noob!

After years of casually dabbling in the art of photography, I have decided to venture into the realm of post processing & color management. I have taken the leap from iPhoto to Elements 8 for Mac. Although the initial learning curve is somewhat steep, the process has been fun & rewarding.

I just ordered an NEC P221W monitor w/ SpectraView II calibrator/software to use with my MacBook Pro. So, now I am also sorting through the intricacies of color management & print matching.

So......I will undoubtedly have a variety of questions. In fact, which particular forum would be most appropriate for questions regarding monitor calibration & color management?

I look forward participating with this group.

Kit

2. AliasPros

AliasPros TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    wow someone on the upper echelon, welcome.... Hows your CS4 skills? What body and glass you shooting on?

3. kitjv

kitjv TPF Noob!

Upper echelon? Hardly. My endeavor over the years has been to learn the fundamental art of photography w/o the luxury of glitzy gear. Photography hasn't really been a passion; rather an outlet for a bit of personal discovery.

As far as gear is concerned: Canon 400D, Canon 50mm f/1.8 & Sigma 17-70mm f/3.5-4-8. Nothing fancy.

Not using CS4, but rather PSE8. I only started delving into PSE about 4 months ago. So I'm still climbing the learning curve.

Again. let me inquire again about the appropriate forum to pose a few questions about monitor calibration/profiling.

Thank you.