Greetings from Poland

mariush

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello everybody :)

My name's Mariusz (english pronountiantion - mariush). I come from Poland (don't mix with Holland up ;) :)). Currently, I live in the City of Toruń - beautiful place, with the Gothic Old Town registered in the UNESCO list (I'll try to show You a bit of it's beauty on mu photoes).

I'm the beginner in the Art of Photography - I bought my first camera about year ago. Now I take pictures with Olympus E-1 with double ZUIKO kit (14-54 and 40-150).

What do I like to photo? People. Portraits, situation photoes, etc. My second hobby is tourismus - so I try to take the landscapes and a bit of architecture too.

What do I hate in photography. A phenomenon called by us the "eqipment masturbation" - exiting with the cameras, lenses, etc., collecting them - without using them for photography.

I hope we'll have a good time on the net :)

PS. Don't go postal with my English - if I'm double Dutch - please, correct me. :)

Mariush! I can't belive it. It's You! I wasn't expect You here.
How do You get here? Google or somebody told You about that forum?

Your english is better then mine ;-)

Well let's rock! ;-)

We call it 'camera wanking' but it translates the same.
Welcome to TPF - which is getting to look like a part of Poland :lol:
How many Poles is that we have here now? Let's get the Vodka out and party.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I'll tell something wise if I'll find my jaw...

DO YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW ME ALL THE TIME??? ;) :)

Mr Google told me to register here :)
Let's rock'n'roll this forum !!! :) :headbang:

Hertz van Rental said:
We call it 'camera wanking' but it translates the same.
Welcome to TPF - which is getting to look like a part of Poland :lol:

Hertz, the most amazing fact is that... we know each other with MichalS, we live 30 km one from another and sometimes we meet on the Open air - but we haven's ever spoken about logging Your Forum in !!!

It's a kind of magic... :band:

Welcome to tpf! :)

Force of Nature said:
Isnt Vodka russian?!
The Poles make pretty good Vodka, believe me. I have a Polish friend who has got me drunk on it many a time.
Force of Nature said:
WTF is Camera wanking and equipment masturbation? Jesus christ!
You know - it's practiced by those people to whom the equipment, and the supposed technical perfection owning such equipment is believed to bestow on the images produced, is more important than than actually taking pictures.
I was going to say that you often find them in groups extolling the mythical virtues of Hasselblad and Leica but I think some people here might take offence. You know who you are :lmao:

Welcome aboard to yet another Pole. Enjoy TPF.

g'day mate,
There is a strong Polish contingent on the photoforum, so be ready for a lot of polish jokes ;) enjoy your time here!

Hi Mariusz!

I like Toruń, I was there only once or twice but I found it very interesting. The old town by the river is like a huge living photo taken out of history cards. I liked the Uni and studend's town too, a lot of green around... :)

Well, greetings from Zielona Góra, and Poznań (one has to study...).

See you!
Piotrek

Welcome...
Has Mentos been working her magic over there in Poland? J/K!
Great to have you here!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back