Greetings From The New Kid On The Block

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by BAB, Dec 28, 2006.

1. BAB

BAB TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hi,

Been a lurker on this site for about a month and it seems like a very good and valuable forum, with a great group of people participating.

A bit about myself, I am on one hand a seasoned professional having a nice career as a Biomedical Photographer for more years than I can believe. I have done a lot of freelancing... weddings, event photography and some commercial stuff. With a divorce a couple years ago, I lost the passion and creative drive, so I stepped out of the freelance aspect of my career. On the other hand in the couple or so years that I have taken a back seat, digital has boomed and now I find myself doing more of it on my job. I have gotten the passion and drive back, along with an interest in mastering the digital technology. So on the other side, I am somewhat of a newby all over again, learning and developing new skill set's.

This forum seems like a great place for me to be to further develop my digital knowledge base as well as being part of a nice and diverse community of photographers.

Happy New Year To All!

Bruce

2. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Welcome to the forum.

3. 1986

1986 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    HI

Welcome to the forum

4. Greetings.

I have LOVED my tansition from film to digital. I'm not going to be an evangelist on this topic, but I think you will find that general knowledge is still worth a lot - you're still going ot need to expose correctly. There's a lot of freedom coming now in photography. The first few years were all about emulating film within the digital medium, but now digital photography is increasingly playing to its own strength.

Learn to love your histogram, baby!

5. Mitica100

Mitica100 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Welcome back, enjoy the Forum.