Greetings, new member..

Nikolai

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey everyone. New guy here, long time nooby photographer. Just thought if I am going to get into photography more, I ought to get on somewhere that I could learn more from others as well as share my work.

I've been upgrading my equipment slowly over the years, started with an Olympus C-5050z, then recently a Panasonic DMC-LX1 and now my biggest purchase by far, a Nikon D50.

Mostly just do goof around pics, some car shows here and there, action, whatever really. What would you all suggest my next buy be for the D50? I've read the kit lens sucks, and it's proving to be true through use. I guess I'll post some of my photos up too, see what you all think. :cheers:

Welcome to the forum.

If you hadn't read that the kit lens sucks, would you really think that? It's probably not that bad...and considering that it's only a $100-$200 lens it's a pretty good deal. If you want a high quality zoom lens, you will have to pay for it.

I suggest a 50mm F1.8 lens.

Big Mike said:
Welcome to the forum.

If you hadn't read that the kit lens sucks, would you really think that? It's probably not that bad...and considering that it's only a $100-$200 lens it's a pretty good deal. If you want a high quality zoom lens, you will have to pay for it.

I suggest a 50mm F1.8 lens.

Perhaps, but I really don't like how flimsy it feels.

Ya, I have the Canon equivalent kit lens and it feel like it's made of paper...but it's not as bad as everyone on the Internet seems to think. Especially when it's stopped down a few stops.

Welcome to TPF Nikolai.

Welcome to TPF! :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back