Gretsch Guitar

GoM

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
As you can see, this is a photo of (one of) my guitar, a Gretsch Tennessee Rose. Now, I lit it with one lamp off camera-right and slightly behind the guitar itself to get the highlight, and I used posterboard to reflect some of it back as fill. The problem is the reflection of said posterboard (and my darkened room) in the knobs.

To those with a bit of lighting experience, how could I go about fixing this? Moreover, if it can't really be helped with the kind of exposures that are neccessary with non-flash lighting, a theoretical explanation would be just as helpful. Any ideas, to cut down on that reflection while still keeping it under-exposed enough for the effect?

gretsch.jpg

I wonder if you can do something to eliminate the lighting setup being reflected in the chrome. Fantastic lighting and composition btw.

if you want to keep a straight on shot then you need to work out a black piece of cardboard or something similar with a hole for the lens and put that in front of the camera to get the black in the reflection. It will need to be coniderable in size.

Most reactions

Back