Grey Catbird

Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Taken (Handheld)with Vivitar 400mm on Canon EF, ASA 800 (Uncropped Full frame)

000004_015_F800_8_09_1.jpg

Bigger Here

ohhhhh this is on film?

that explains everything. especially the snarky RWQs.

lol still, nice picture. I love film grain.

ASA = ISO?

sorry I am new.

Yes, that is correct, I simply use the older term ASA to diferentiate my Film Photography from my Digital photography, However since it has been quite some time since I have shot digital many here do not know this little element of my posting pattern. That is a major contributer to why the line in my signature has been added pertaining to grain. In your defence you had the correct term in your initial post....it's why I didn't blow up on you :lol:

Thanks, this was the consolation prize. I had originally snuck and stalked my way to this location after a Bald Eagle, sadly she finished her meal and headed on her way shortly before I got within range. I'm not going to complain about only getting this little guy, I honestly find this bird a little more difficult to capture than the Bald Eagle as it rarely comes above the canopy of the brush.

he's cool. I am dabbling in bird photography, although here we have completely different birds... mostly crows, ravens, seagulls and other homeless looking birds. Here is an example:

3785304764_44bc0d46f5_o.jpg

I'm contemplating photoshopping a cardboard box in the back and a Styrofoam coffee cup full of change at his feet.

lol, homeless bird

But anywho, I've photographed many birds, Crows and ravens are difficult to say the very least, likely the most difficult to photograph to be found due to their colors. It's not that their hard to find, It's their all black coloration that makes it nearly impossable. Even good closeups could end up underexposed despite what ones merer sais. Even grackles proove a little easier to expose for with the irridessant blue to their heads.

Common Crow by Battou - Photo Lucidity

Hawk VS Raven (1/4) by Battou - Photo Lucidity

On a side note, Once you find you have the equipment to shoot birds...you will begin to find that you are seeing more birds, you will find birds that you did not even realize lived in your home town or county. Trust me on this one, I had never seen a Goldfinch, Red shouldered hawk, Grey heron or a wild Bald Eagle untill I had my 400mm, now I see them all the time because I am subconsiously looking for them.

Is that the actual color of the print or did you up the saturation? Great capture, love the colors.

On an unrelated note, Robert, do you know what a group of crows is called? Ravens?

A group of crows is a murder. Ravens are apparently slightly better, they're called an unkindness. There's your useless fact for the day. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back