Grey Scale Self Portrait

sscarmack

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Been itching to take some photos, so I decided to do another self portrait.

I know I know, It would be better without a shirt on, maybe next time lol.

Been working on my retouching skills lately, as it seems to be just as important as taking the photo itself.

16443894174_e062c9fcaa_c.jpg

Before\After
20150405-020-Edit-BA_zpsceqop3ck.jpg

Very good!

Can we have just the tie blue?

Great pose. Handsome guy. I would have brightened the eyes just a bit. The hands and forearms seem a little soiled or unevenly toned. It's almost that look of having worked on the bike/car so much that the oil and grit has permanently discolored the skin. It's subtle, but it's there. Prob'ly your natural skin tone though, but I would have tried to "fix" it for a formal portrait.

Jim
PS: I just noticed this isn't apparent in the original image.

Can we have just the tie blue?
Of course, I'll throw together a new edit.

Great pose. Handsome guy. I would have brightened the eyes just a bit. The hands and forearms seem a little soiled or unevenly toned. It's almost that look of having worked on the bike/car so much that the oil and grit has permanently discolored the skin. It's subtle, but it's there. Prob'ly your natural skin tone though, but I would have tried to "fix" it for a formal portrait.

Jim
Good eye!

I've been trying to do 'most' of my editing in lightroom and I think I went a little to far with some of the sliders causing these "uneven tones".

Nice edit!
Thank you :)

niceeeeee

but.....

What she said. ;)

It looks darker and has a greenish tint, but I think the grey with blue tie is my favorite.

Jim
Good eye!

I've been trying to do 'most' of my editing in lightroom and I think I went a little to far with some of the sliders causing these "uneven tones".
I also do most of my editing in LR and have a habit of over-processing. Thanks to TPF, I am learning and growing.

Thanks,

Jim

It looks darker and has a greenish tint, but I think the grey with blue tie is my favorite.
I added a little blue to it, and leaned a little towards green on the tint for white balance.

And I agree, the blue tie adds that little "pop".

Jim
Good eye!

I also do most of my editing in LR and have a habit of over-processing. Thanks to TPF, I am learning and growing.

Thanks,

Jim

Its very easy to go to far, QUICK haha. Learning is half the battle, if you never learn, you will continue to make the same mistakes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back