Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A Grey-Striped fly on a twig!

Fly%20on%20twig.jpg

Wish I could get my macro's to look that good.....sharp and stunning......Mike

Wish I could get my macro's to look that good.....sharp and stunning......Mike

Thanks Mike.

It was a windy day yesterday, and this was the only insect that was still enough to shoot! Flies are great insects to practice macro on as they will sit still and will let you get very close if you're careful. They have amazing architecture up close.

the flies in south florida would have moved along time ago WOW!!!!!!!! great shot !! *jealous*XD

great shots, what lense are you using?

Once again, you've done a great job snapping a fly up close! Cool looking creatures.

the flies in south florida would have moved along time ago WOW!!!!!!!! great shot !! *jealous*XD

That's one thing Australian flies don't do well....fly away.

great shots, what lense are you using?

Hi, I use a 105 mm Micro-Nikkor f/2.8. This photo has been cropped some, but the lens does give beautiful sharp images.

Once again, you've done a great job snapping a fly up close! Cool looking creatures.

Thanks, flies do have amazing architecture up close!

im guessing that my 50mm 1.8 isnt a good lense for macro. does a great job with portraits.

im guessing that my 50mm 1.8 isnt a good lense for macro. does a great job with portraits.

Throw a few extension tubes before the lens and you can get good results. The key to macro is flash I think, a well diffused flash delivered close to the subject.

Most reactions

Back