Grey winter --- creating the Winter Blues

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Do you now see why I feel so very little inclined to take out the camera these days?

winterdesolation.jpg

scheune3.jpg

sigh............

Do you now see why I feel so very little inclined to take out the camera these days?

What???? Are you full of crazyness!!!!
It's gorgeous. It's like the slightly cold days we have in the fall here.
Right now we have snow drifts on the sides of roads that are taller than trucks. -20 C weather... colder if you count windchill.
I'd love to be shooting in your kind of weather right now. It'd take me half hour to warm up my car and about 20 lbs of extra clothes.

I love #2.
I feel as though the tree is much larger than it appears. Is that building just a small shed or an actual garage with a loft or something ontop?
When I compare the tree to a garage then the tree is massive.
I all the bare branches.

Please keep shooting. I wanna see more:D

Yeah #2 is really stunning!!:thumbup: These dont make me feel sorry for you corrina:p .you are such a photog that you can make crap look like gold.:lol:

They are both wonderful to me :) I like the stark "pre-spring" feel they have. ;)

Thanks for your kind comments, all of you!
That shed is big enough to accomodate a tractor.
So yes, that tree is big.

And when you see this colour of sky and this colour of countryside (or non-colour, as a matter of fact) from November until ... well, at least until today, (and I don't know for how much longer I am going to see things like this), it can bring you down. Well, it does that to me. I find it very difficult to feel like something is worth a photo at all right now...

...sigh again!

(To be honest, we did have two snow days this winter and the occasional bit of sunshine and blu-ish skies, too ... there are some other threads by me with photos taken of late which are a little less desolate ;)).

I like them both. The first one more so.

Dani

Why, I didn't know Lower Saxony, Germany was also Indiana, USA. ;)

I don't think they look that bad. I like that tree with the old structure, the shape is nice.

i like the old building...it would be fun to see from closer..with the textures of the wood

Yes, I would have walked over if I had trusted that meadow around it, but I feared I might sink into mud knee deep... it was VERY wet! So the tele-zoom had to come to my aid.

I might go back there in summer when I can be sure the meadows are dry. You must know that we practically live in the swamps here, if the area wasn't extensively drained for agricultural reasons. But in wet seasons such as this wannabe-but-never-getting-round-to-it "winter" many areas become very muddy, despite all the draining canals...

I see a couple very nice shots. I like them both- and the colors.

A bit of a blue sky and a ray (!) (<---- heehee) of sunshine could help, too. Or working the archives and digging out long forgotten photos of trees in full foliage. That is what I am doing right now :D. (Which does not lead to any new photos being taken, though, I must admit that!).

I love the ray of sunshine in the stark, cold meadow. Taking photos like these leaves you have no excuse to stay inside!

Most reactions

Back