Grinder

Hmmm, and that broom and 'dustpan'...? (Don't wanna think about it).

And what exactly were you doing poking around a crematorium?

Hmmm, and that broom and 'dustpan'...? (Don't wanna think about it).

And what exactly were you doing poking around a crematorium?

Thanks Anty....heh, heh....you',ll see. :lmao:

is that a grinder, or a chop saw?

either way. just the thought of it being in a crematorium adds to the creepy feel of the picture.

nice shot Chiller.

Thanks John...there were no teeth on the blade. It was like those blades you use for cutting tiles. Guess is makes a cleaner cut.

Thanks John...there were no teeth on the blade. It was like those blades you use for cutting tiles. Guess is makes a cleaner cut.

i dont know much about tools, but it looks like whats called a chop saw to me. i dont think the blade makes a difference, but i could be wrong. my brother has been a carpenter for about 35 years, so i guess ill show him the picture and see what he says. im sure once i tell him its from a crematorium, it will give him the creeps, bad. hes not one for anything "darkside" so ill be sure to get some laughs, at his expense. :lol:

again. i think its a pretty cool shot, especially knowing where it was taken. the only reason i could see for a saw being in a crematorium isnt for casket / coffin building, so that makes it awesome to me.

now i just have to try to get the thought out of my mind of someone using a tile blade on a corpse so it fits in the.... cremator? oven? im not sure what its called.

Thanks John. I wondered myself as the blade is like the blade you use to cut tiles. Lookin forward to what see what your bro says.

The blade is usually used to cut metal and tile. You could use it for wood but it's not usually used for that. You'll usually see one at a construction site when they are working with rebar.

As I remember, those are generically called 'cut-off wheels'
As for the picture, the wire to electric receptacle spoils it for me.

Thanks John. I wondered myself as the blade is like the blade you use to cut tiles. Lookin forward to what see what your bro says.

he said it is a chop saw, and blades like that are used for cutting metal like rebar, pipes, square steel tubing etc...

chop saws arent meant for cutting tile. most tiles have to be cut wet, and with a back and forth type motion, not a straight downward motion.

that particular blade isnt used on wood either. theres no teeth, and the wood would probably ruin the blade.

he loved the picture tho. he said it gave him the creeps, like i knew it would. :lol:

Thanks John. Unfortunately I could not get much closer to where it was, but beside this unit was a bucket of "parts". From my vantage point, it looked like a mix of metal and bone, but the light was so dim in there, it was tough to see. To get this shot I had to hold the camera against the wall, so I wouldnt shake.
Hopefully over the summer I have a tour planned of a well known cemetery here(behind the scenes deal), and Im gonna see if they still use something like this at that cemetery.

Traveller...I am not one for photoshopping my images, as I have seen by other members here, that it can get pretty ugly and in your face posts. This was merely a snapshot of something I saw as most of my images are takin as I see them. If I removed the electrical stuff, it would become a batter operated grinder.:lol::lol: And you can probably pick them up at the Stag Shop. :lol::lol:
I dont think it would have the same impact if it was "cloned" out, considering this machine is probably older then any of us on the forum.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back