Grinding noise, canon 70-200 f2.8 is ii usm

purpleroan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys...so I hear this is a fairly common complaint. My lens will make this sort of rough noise, and the autofocus will jump around before focusing, if it even does. I've heard it's the IS working, and it happens a lot with this lens model, and rarely has a negative effect on the camera. Is it worth sending in for repair? The noise sounds like the video below that I found on YouTube...info from anyone who had experienced this before...and knows what it is after having it serviced..would be awesome! Thank you

I have decided to wait until October when (hopefully) the newest pros will be released. I believe i will go with the 15" as well, but still purchase a monitor just for the extra space when I'm in my dorm. Based on the rumors that have been going around, do you guys believe it will be worth it to upgrade to the 2016 model, or just take advantage of a discounted 2015? I heard something about a better graphics card and skylake processors.

I have decided to wait until October when (hopefully) the newest pros will be released. I believe i will go with the 15" as well, but still purchase a monitor just for the extra space when I'm in my dorm. Based on the rumors that have been going around, do you guys believe it will be worth it to upgrade to the 2016 model, or just take advantage of a discounted 2015? I heard something about a better graphics card and skylake processors.

I've not experience that noise .... a 15" monitor ?

Ah! I have two threads going at once. Posted my reply to the wrong one...lol. Sorry for any confusion.

Most reactions

Back