Grindstone Falls

Chiller

Mental case
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
On Saturday I packed up the wagon and headed for a road trip to find some of the hidden waterfalls of Dundas, and Hamilton. They sure tucked some of these away.
After a few treks around the Dundas area, I stumbled across this one. Since I was there pretty early(8:30am) and it was peopless, I decided to work on my tresspassing and scale down the side of the hill. The rocks were like walking on ice, from all the moss and dampness, but I finally made it to the bottom. The little platform on the top right is where I was supposed to view the falls from. :lol: This is my first ever attempt at some sort of HDR as well.
154426069-L.jpg

Well, there!
I have yet to arrive at taking photos of this quality!
Flowing water pics PLUS HDR are still things that for their most part elude me (given by the fact that in a countryside as flat there is no water can FALL, maybe??? :scratch: :wink: )

Cool shot- that's got some 'element.' Great first HDR.

Thanks so much. Really appreciate your comments.
Corinna...still playin the lottery...keepin my Germany hopes alive.

yea this is a good job chiller, well done mate :thumbup:

this image is great. I want to try a similar thing with water coming from a hose, will having longer exposure create the same effect do you think?

Nice work Carl. I think these falls are Webster Falls. I go to another Falls around the corner from there in Spencer Park. Those falls are much deeper and fall into a gorge but have less water flow then yours except for when we have heavy rain. At least I know why you missed hooking up with Anti, Berni and I at Lyndeshore. Anti even got her first Osprey pics when we went to Port Perry yesterday.

Eric

Thanks tons Archy, Batherst, and Airic.

Airic...Im pretty sure this one is Websters falls. I did 4 different falls on the way to my buddies. THere is even a small family plot in the woods here. :lmao:
154783978-L.jpg

This might make a good day trip in the falls. I got a map online, and there are about 20 of these little falls all over the area.

Great stuff Carl! It is so pretty out that way. Shocking to find those falls all hidden away.

Thanks tons Archy, Batherst, and Airic.

Airic...Im pretty sure this one is Websters falls. I did 4 different falls on the way to my buddies. THere is even a small family plot in the woods here. :lmao:

This might make a good day trip in the falls. I got a map online, and there are about 20 of these little falls all over the area.

I stand corrected, it has been a few years since I have been to Webster Falls. Nice work, I will have to get the map off of you and do the trip sometime. Good to see you getting out more. Are all the renos done?

Eric

I stand corrected, it has been a few years since I have been to Webster Falls. Nice work, I will have to get the map off of you and do the trip sometime. Good to see you getting out more. Are all the renos done?

Eric

Thanks man. The falls trip was pretty cool... a lot of driving and hiking. My buddy was a little..."where the heck are ya", but he knows once I got the camera out, Im always late. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I can bet these places would look killer in the fall.
Yeah...pretty much done the renos for a bit. Should start painting the spare room soon.

AWESOME pics, Carl!!!! The HDR shot really rawks - glad you made it down the slippery rocks in one piece. And the second shot, with the 'rainbow', is really lovely. I had no idea there were such falls in the Dundas area.

Thanks Anty and Paws. Appreciate your comments.

Maybe we can make it a Cannuck road trip one day, but we would need a couple o cars tho. I know the way to 5 of the falls now.

Thanks so much. Really appreciate your comments.
Corinna...still playin the lottery...keepin my Germany hopes alive.

Same here with SpaceNut and I. Good work Chiller. Always inspiring work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back