Grizzly Bear Sow and 3 Cubs

firebird1984

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.chimeraphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ooh. 30 feet away from cubs with the mother right there? Pretty risky. Nice shots though.

Risky is the wrong word. Stupid is more like it. 30 feet is too close to any wild animal, no less a Griz. You could have gotten yourself and the bear killed for your negligent actions!

listen up buddy before you go making any assumption about my intelligence. I was not alone and there was a park ranger right there with me we were both armed with pepper spray and I have been around bears enough to know what is safe.

There is no ranger certified by the NPS that would allow the public within 30 feet of a grizz sow and cubs. If you know so much about bears, you would know that.

30 feet? Never. 150 feet? Maybe.

There is no ranger certified by the NPS that would allow the public within 30 feet of a grizz sow and cubs. If you know so much about bears, you would know that.

30 feet? Never. 150 feet? Maybe.

I really don't want to argue with you about this but there were over 20 other people there and she was crossing a road when she was that close to us on average she was about 50 to 55 feet away. When she crossed it was happening so fast the we couldn't run so that is why we were that close. I know plenty about bears richard and I know that NPS rules state that the safe distance is 150 feet or more but sometimes there is just no time to react in nature.

I really don't want to argue with you about this but there were over 20 other people there and she was crossing a road when she was that close to us on average she was about 50 to 55 feet away. When she crossed it was happening so fast the we couldn't run so that is why we were that close. I know plenty about bears richard and I know that NPS rules state that the safe distance is 150 feet or more but sometimes there is just no time to react in nature.

Got it. I understand.

Overzealous wildlife photographers really upset me, especially when they endanger the animal. This was a different circumstance. Sorry for the overreaction.

Geez I hate to be on topic ;) but the pictures are pretty nice. I'd love to visit Grand Teton National Park some day, I see it on the travel channel all the time.

Thanks for sharing,

Regards,
Peter Witham

listen up buddy before you go making any assumption about my intelligence. I was not alone and there was a park ranger right there with me we were both armed with pepper spray and I have been around bears enough to know what is safe.

Not trying to stir up anything Brent but when i first read your statement "I found these bears digging in the forest for roots and I got within 30 feet of them" it sounded like you are alone in the woods and happened along these bears .
Imo I would include relevant information such as the warden and 20 spectators were there also, to avoid any flames on your threads ..
Nice images by the way wish I was there also ..

Well i should have included the other info but I was posting them at 4:00 am my time and I didn't have the energy to write a long explanation. But thanks for the comments

Hey that is in my back yard.....JK
was just thinking about going and taking some sunset pics of the Tetons:)

Nice pictures!

With 20 potential targets that leaves you with only a 5% chance of being the one the bear picks for a mauling!

Most reactions

Back