Gros Ventre Road

craig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
craigblank.com
A rare day off today took me to the Gros Ventre Wilderness near the beautiful Kelly, WY. I am not a fan of landscape photos, but I could not resist. I am sort of pleased with these. Let me know your thoughts. I just had to throw in a shot of the pesky buffalos'.

grandcabin5xu.jpg

grandaspen1cb.jpg

buffalocrossing7jz.jpg

Thanks!!! These shots are about 20 minutes from my house. It is interesting that you mentioned "God's country". It is beautiful indeed. We like to say "the last of the old west" or "WY is what america used to be". Coincidentally there was a recent suicide not far from where these shots were taken. You can not believe the amount of psychos and fugitives from the law that these mountains hold.

cool shots craig,#2 especially great DOF right through to the mountains very sharp, love the buffalo shot too, how close can you get to those things?

Beautiful shots! when I first saw them I was thinking how nice it would be to take a trip into the mountains, then I read the part about the fugitives and the psychos :shock:

Wow!!! Thanks gang!!! Do not let the fugitives stop you from visiting. They stay away from visitors. Dalebe brought up the popular question "how close can you get to those things" The answer is don't get near them. As with all wild animals they are totally unpredictable. Not to mention super fast. Generally they move out of the way. Being close to the animal is very scary. They are huge.

Canoncan said:
Craig these are stellar. I long for wilderness like this. Yet I am not fugitive.

Your not a fugitive,but... :biglaugh: Sorry could not help myself :)

Great images Craig, makes me wish I was there.

Eric

Cruzin said:
would like to see more of the log cabin

judging from the roof, there aint much left to see ;)

nice choice of day for your shots! i like the cabin the best. great work as usual craig!

absolutely great place to live! it looks wonderful at your pics! i envy you, Craig-:)

Double thanks again!!! Everyone.
Jeff Canes said:
Very nice Craig, always wondered why you did not post a lot of landscapes
Landscapes have always been tough for me. Somehow they are better left to memory. Plus you would not believe how this town is flooded with shots of the Grand shot from the exact place that Ansel Adams shot his "Snake River" during the magic hours of course. They are good photos, but dare I say played out.

More and more I have been getting into landscapes. I would like to find a good location to visit once a month. A 12 shot essay focusing on the changing scenery. We'll see... Anyway, Jonmikal brought up the time of day. For me that is super important. First light (or close to) is a star in these photos.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back