Gross! Baby Bellies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamwilliamking

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Again, do not consider my work to be professional, but would love some C and C from some professionals..

3538201656_fbe7a998dd_b.jpg

Is that a heart-shaped watermark in the lower-right? If part of the final work (and not just anti-theft for the forum), get rid of it. The hand arrangement is heart enough.

Otherwise, nicely done. From a technical perspective, the robes are slightly underexposed and some of the skin's a little hot, but the over and under exposure works pretty well so I'm not sure I'd take whatever a reshoot produced. You may want to put some makeup on the belly, around the belly button and the mole above the hands.

Conceptually, I like it... a lot. One of those strong message photographs that doesn't need a face or words to voice it.

Is that a heart-shaped watermark in the lower-right? If part of the final work (and not just anti-theft for the forum), get rid of it. The hand arrangement is heart enough.

Otherwise, nicely done. From a technical perspective, the robes are slightly underexposed and some of the skin's a little hot, but the over and under exposure works pretty well so I'm not sure I'd take whatever a reshoot produced. You may want to put some makeup on the belly, around the belly button and the mole above the hands.

Conceptually, I like it... a lot. One of those strong message photographs that doesn't need a face or words to voice it.

Thank you very much, I agree that the stretch markings are hideous.
This is actually my cousin and she is very VERY "zen", so for this job I will leave the skin as is. I agree that anything commericial should be touched up. Thank you for the comments.

This is actually my cousin and she is very VERY "zen", so for this job I will leave the skin as is. I agree that anything commericial should be touched up. Thank you for the comments.

If you plan to shoot these types of photos (maternity), I would really start to rethink your wording. Gross (I initially thought you were kidding, but now I'm not sure) and hideous will not work for your clients, and it is very unprofessional. If you even think it, they will more than likely pick up on it.

As far as the cleanup, I would just ask your clients individually. I have heard of quite a few that want them left (although I personally wouldn't).

If you plan to shoot these types of photos (maternity), I would really start to rethink your wording. Gross (I initially thought you were kidding, but now I'm not sure) and hideous will not work for your clients, and it is very unprofessional. If you even think it, they will more than likely pick up on it.

As far as the cleanup, I would just ask your clients individually. I have heard of quite a few that want them left (although I personally wouldn't).

Umm well I kind of disagree. When i'm selling cameras to people and I joke around with my co-workers about said certain customer. It's in private and personal. When this is my job I am clearly going to have opinions, thats what life is. It was more or less a joke but I don't think it matters if I'm kidding or not. We're all photographers here if you don't value my opinion that is fine but I think spiders are gross and I still like taking macros of them. Obviously I would not show my discontent to a client. Although photography is art, ask any artist what they really want and its a pay cheque.

ack! im with you...gross.

BUT technically, it;s a great shot! top of the belly is bordering on hot.

i would consider a recrop and dump some of the left hand side.

nice job!

ack! im with you...gross.

BUT technically, it;s a great shot! top of the belly is bordering on hot.

i would consider a recrop and dump some of the left hand side.

nice job!

Ive also been considering that crop for my portfolio stuff,

thanks man!

Here's color, still has the annoying heart water mark the client wanted but you can ignore that, please.

3538199826_b0b2fce698_b.jpg

Wow....have to pop and in say that those who think that this belly is "gross".....she's growing a baby in there. The human body is never more amazing than when it's carrying a child. Grow up.

Wow....have to pop and in say that those who think that this belly is "gross".....she's growing a baby in there. The human body is never more amazing than when it's carrying a child. Grow up.

Yeah, its my nephew. Doesn't change the fact that some facts of life aren't the prettiest.

Please stop commenting on comments. Or someone close the thread.

Sorry, but I have to agree that calling what you are shooting "gross" is just not professional. It will affect your relationship with your clients...anyways, how can you create the photos that the client wants if you think you are taking gross photos. There will never be a connect between your photos and how the mother feels about her pregnancy.

You're an idiot, why dont you read through the whole post before saying the same **** over again. My opinion is my opinion. No one on this site even knows my real name or the name under which I sell my photography. If I want to call something gross on whatever forum I want, I can. In short; **** off

I was talking about your attitude and how it translates to your dealing with clients...but I see that in general, you dont care much about the attitude you convey. It isnt just what you say, people pick up on subtle things. If you think the pregnant body is gross, women who are not feeling too sure about their changing body are going to feel your disgust, even if you dont say it or say things to disguise your feelings. It will translate to the quality of your work. Why do you HAVE to shoot belly pics anyways?

I was talking about your attitude and how it translates to your dealing with clients...but I see that in general, you dont care much about the attitude you convey. It isnt just what you say, people pick up on subtle things. If you think the pregnant body is gross, women who are not feeling too sure about their changing body are going to feel your disgust, even if you dont say it or say things to disguise your feelings. It will translate to the quality of your work. Why do you HAVE to shoot belly pics anyways?

Who said I had too? This was a favour for my cousin. No ones telepathic. Im always all smiles, doesnt mean **** when I get home and edit.
Again, in short, don't tell me how to do my job.

And please stop flaming this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back