Gross misuse of telephoto lenses in rap videos

I know they are just using a long lens because it's more "impressive" and we all know how materialistic rappers are, but holy Moses does that bug me.

Hooligan Dan, I agree with you to an extent but you have made some pretty stupid assumptions in your post. One, most teens don't listen to the music (when there is music on) on MTV. And on top of that, it isn't just teenagers that listen to that sort of music. And two, there are a lot of rappers that are never on MTV and there are a lot of rappers that aren't 'materialistic.' Not every rapper is a gold chain, fast car, hot women type of person.

Thanks for pointing that out Trenton...that's exactly what I was thinking when I read the OP's statement about how materialistic rappers are. Obviously if one is basing their perception of rappers on MTV, then yes, you would probably think all rappers are materialistic. But being that he stated he knows what crap MTV is, I don't know why he would make broad assumptions based on what MTV is showing.

Let's look at what MTV is. All they care about is selling an image. They could care less about music. They churn out these one-hit wonders who all they care about is making the fast bucks also.

I could list numerous rappers who are not materialistic...and actually speak out against the rappers that are and the ridiculous crap they put out there.

Yes, there are rappers out there that definitely are materialistic, but there are materialistic people in any group...it doesn't mean that they all are or that even most are.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back