Grounded

hamster

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I hiked into a nature preserve near Livermore, CA because I'd heard there was some old farm equipment in the middle of nowhere. I found it - what do you guys think of this shot? Hope you like it.

218310986-L.jpg

Cool!
I love the rustic scenery in the background. Nice composure

Yes. I like it. The colour of the rusty (fallen) wind... erm ... wind ... erm .... ~thing (vane????) and the colour of the grass on which it landed plus the colour of the hills in the background are so complementary to the blue of the sky. It all works very nicely together.

Thanks for all the nice comments, everyone.

i really like the colours here, nice light for tis sort of shot.

Really nice. Great tones.

Nice shot, I really like the colors also. I wonder how it would look if you were back further from the windmill and got a wider view.

Yes I was thinking that same thing when I was looking at this shot. It seems like there should be more scenery in this shot.

Still, this is a really nice shot. It all works well together. :thumbup:

Nice shot, I really like the colors also. I wonder how it would look if you were back further from the windmill and got a wider view.

I pondered that, too. We're looking at the top of the mill; to the upper right should be the tower and to the bottom right-hand corner is the vane. Those might be cool to see, too.

But as it is it's a great shot. Ham, were you crouched down or was that a twelve-foot fan?

I was crouched down, and there was a forest of oaks almost directly behind it - so no more room to move back. I don't know what happened to the rest of the windmill... Thanks again, everyone!

Most reactions

Back