Group 1 CC

CyclonePWR

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok group here is some photos from the last couple months. These are posted in the order of time they were taken.

3549246334_b6b9991c35_b.jpg

This one was taken inside, there was side light coming from the window just hitting the flowers. I used the flash from the front and fast SS to under expose most of the back ground light. Turned up the contrast in PP to kill the background completely black.
SS 1/200, f 4.5

3549245778_30a3960e5c_b.jpg

From the Chicago auto show. Wanted to make it look like something evil coming at you from the dark. I like the perspective with the Audi in the background perpendicular to it and the light sign.

3548435855_f7f7dd610e_b.jpg

3. Just like the headlight on this 370Z and the Nissan in the background.

3548523061_b69be3edf4_b.jpg

4. This is a reflection. I like the angle of the trees and the ICE cubes in the water. I think it gives you a sense of finally spring is coming after a cold winter.

3548442137_0df0da3c30_b.jpg

This one was taken in St. Petersburg, Russia few weeks ago. "Attack of the birds" LOL. I wish the focus was better on the Churches or the birds. SS 250 @ 250mm

Last edited:

Yeah sorry I used flicker for the first time. Before I was using photo bucket and it did for you. Do you just put before and after the link?

OK NVRM got it.

No worries, in flickr just choose the photo, select all sizes, choose the size you want, go to the bottom and find the link without brackets, copy/paste those in here, add
after. That should give put the shot in your thread instead of a link out side.

i just love the second one. i am a huge audi fan and this is like seeing the face of god for me :)). just kidding. i am not that desperate but i really dig the picture. good work. the first one seems oof... and the last one... not that interesting. keep it up!

i just love the second one. i am a huge audi fan and this is like seeing the face of god for me :)). just kidding. i am not that desperate but i really dig the picture. good work. the first one seems oof... and the last one... not that interesting. keep it up!
Yeah I am huge Audi fan too, probably will be my next car. It seems like the first one got darker after I posted it. Thanks Anymore?

Yeah I am huge Audi fan too, probably will be my next car. It seems like the first one got darker after I posted it. Thanks Anymore?

I just sold my A4:(, but I did get to buy a bunch of new gear with the money I made. Nice set of shots, I just wanted to say fix the horizon on the last and you have a fantastic shot. I'll try to provide a detailed critique later.

These are some nice first pictures!
Pic #1 has beautiful colors. The reds are so vivid. I like the way the background is dark and contrasts those bright colors so well. It's just kind of hard to tell where your focal point landed and the light is a little bright on the tips of the flower on the left. Your composition is nice.

Pic #2 is a bit too dark and the people milling around are distracting, but #3 is really nice. I like the colors and I like how you put the Nissan sign in the background.

Pic #4 is lovely. I too, like the ice in the puddle and the reflection of the trees. Also, nice in B & W.

Pic #5 : I love the buildings and the colors are nice. What I don't like is that black post/pole on the left. It seems like it interrupts the way the structures seem to grow as you look further back. Also, it appears a little tilted, but that's easily fixed! Oh, and I like the birds..they are a nice touch :)

#1 is one of the best flower photos I've seen on TPF in my few short months here. I think it is exquisite.

#3 is really good--I am overwhelmed with the pop of that blue! The headlight looks like the eye of some really futuristic robo-car-creature thing. Great lines in this photo.

# 4--well, I'm not sure what I'm looking at.

# 5--ditto: no central point at which to look.

I generally like the idea of 2, but the fact that it is SO dark is kinda killing it for me. (I'm a big Audi fan too, btw.)

Third one is kinda cool. Neat light. More of an angle might have been cool and complimentary for the subject.

I like the fourth one... think maybe it needs some sharpening and contrast perhaps?

I generally like the idea of 2, but the fact that it is SO dark is kinda killing it for me. (I'm a big Audi fan too, btw.)

Third one is kinda cool. Neat light. More of an angle might have been cool and complimentary for the subject.

I like the fourth one... think maybe it needs some sharpening and contrast perhaps?

OK thanks everyone.

I can see the Audi one being too dark. I can fix it as I actually made it more dark in PP so the original is lighter. As for the people walking around thats almost impossible not to have at the Chicago auto show unless you do a long exposure with a tripod.

I know the fourth one looks a little blah but it was just smoggy out maybe thats why.

They all look good. Nice pics.

I love the flower photo. Something about it is haunting to me. Makes me feel sad for some reason....

Also a fan of the reflection. Neat shot.

The cars don't do much for me. First one is too dark, and the second one just isn't very interesting in my opinion. The landscape is kind of "eh" for me as well. Feels crooked, too much sky, and sky color isn't interesting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back