Group Photo for CnC

max3k

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How would you shoot this differently? 2 studio strobes. 1 camera left 45 degrees bounced off white umbrella, same camera right but a little lower and 1/2 the power of the left. I tried avoiding the shadow on my face (far left) but had no luck.

Group%201%20grey%20bg%20web.jpg

and one for fun

Group%202%20Fun.jpg
e

You might wanna change the arrangement of your subjects in #1. It looks too commercial and less of a group/family photo. And I guess you and your subjects were not ready for #2. But that's my openion.

#2 was unplanned..... we couldn't go any wider in #1 due to the backdrop...any thoughts on how we could arrange it next time?

I googled "family group photo" and found some really good examples. In most of the photos they had the tall person toward the back instead of the front like you do. But maybe you wanted your photo to look like this and if that is the case then you managed to acheive what you were looking for.

I think the gentleman in the center is to much of the center, I think I would have tried him behind the girls. I am assuming thats dad in the middle, his two sons, and their significant others. Maybe dad in the middle his two sons in front of him and the girls angled next to their corresponding man. It just looks like a big W when I look at it.

This is a ministry group photo, the guy in the front is the leader...thats why I had him in front....

lol thats my brother..he just hates pictures

I think having him in the back would be just as powerful. Overlooking his ministry. Maybe put him up a little on a phone book or something to really get the symbolism your looking for with a little different composition.

Most reactions

Back