Group photo

Efergoh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Taken this past July. These men were the competitors for the first annual Combat Rifle Championship matches. We fired 9 courses over 2 days. roughly 20 hours of shooting by the time it was all said and done. I am the one in the rear with the flag pole sticking out of his shoulder. took three tries to get the shot. I had to run around and climb up on the stone circle surrounding the flag before the timer went. The guy in the front row all the way over on the right was the match winner. He recently retired from law enforcement. Served 30 years as a sheriff's deputy.

group.jpg

yeah, but two days worth of hat hair would be even worse ;)

Haven't fired a combat rifle for quite a while ... maybe I should try again ;)

walk down memory lane:

The last time I fired a weapon of any kind it was on the police range in 1975...

I qualified with a mulititude of weapons some are no longer available. One that surfaces through the murk of my memory was called a rising gun for some reason. It was the only fully automatic weapon in the police arsenal. small town you know.

Haven't fired a weapon since and don't miss it at all.

about once every two years i do help out as a range officer
for shooting matches.

... but I now realised that I did not fire a single shot myself the last two times ;) ... so probably I cannot miss it too much. But will give it a try again next time.

from firing my camera my shoulder does not hurt :p

I never caused the death of any small or large animal with a rifle ... that is not because I did not hit the target, but it is because I do simply not aim at them ;)

.. I do aim at animals with my lens though ... will post some images once back home and reunited with my harddrive containing image data (that will be in about 3 weeks).

Not much of a hunter myself either. Spent too much time firing a rifle out of anger to be interested in killing something that isn't trying to kill me. But, by the same token, I do not begrudge hunters. I feel that they are the true conservationsits, but that may be taking us down a road we don't wanna discuss here.

For those interested in combat rifle shooting (we only make holes in cardboard, not each other), the link to our site is http://www.actshooters.com

Lots of photos on the site. Just click on "Match Results" and pick any month. Below each set of scores are photos from that match. I took about 90% of the photos on the site. Can't take credit for all of them, but most of them are mine.

We have a retro cowboy combat shooters club here. Only old winchesters and six shooters. Of course I'm sure the occasional spencer makes on the line... And who can forget the greener... I Have yet to go shoot the matches but I really should.

mysteryscribe said:
We have a retro cowboy combat shooters club here. Only old winchesters and six shooters. Of course I'm sure the occasional spencer makes on the line... And who can forget the greener... I Have yet to go shoot the matches but I really should.
Yup. I'm familiar with it. Single Action Shooting Society. Eligible firearms are all of those designed 1899 and prior.

Most reactions

Back