Group Photography

Please! never take a shot with the sun in your viewfinder. Don't want to burn the ol' retinas out. Then again with a P&S I am sure you can just view it on the screen.

Seriously, maybe you strive to the be ansel adams of non flash, P&S, childrens photography. At least take in the advice. You're the one who asked for it. Do a little seach for paid 1st time shoots. Everyone gets a wake up call. Take it how you wish.

Please! never take a shot with the sun in your viewfinder. Don't want to burn the ol' retinas out. Then again with a P&S I am sure you can just view it on the screen.

Seriously, maybe you strive to the be ansel adams of non flash, P&S, childrens photography. At least take in the advice. You're the one who asked for it. Do a little seach for paid 1st time shoots. Everyone gets a wake up call. Take it how you wish.

So...this is a "wake up call" then? I do take advice seriously; however I am getting advice that I didn't ask for, delivered in a passive aggressive, and egotistical way. That is not helpful at all. But thanks anyway. I was looking for little random tips, not these drawn out debates on why I don't use flash, and asinine guesses at what my parenting style is like. I actually did get helpful information from a couple of people who replied though. I'm glad my post gave some of you an ego boost. You deserve it. :hugs:

I am just unsure of how you plan to pull it off with the use of only natural light. You are taking shots in the mid day. You want to be candid, so you wont be using reflectors, or any other way to change the lighting except with your legs running to switch positions. You said you are going to be taking pictures at a very sunny time of day, which says shadows are going to be very harsh. The way to lessen shadows, and bring out the highlights; Flash.

With advice on groups. Keep the shots limited to a few people, be aware of your backgrounds, you may want to try to shoot in shaded area's to avoid shadows, use a circular polarizer if you have one since you will be outdoors, try to get in close to your subjects, smile yourself, and hope for a cloudy day.

Last edited:
These threads are funny.... LOVE IT :lmao:

These threads are funny.... LOVE IT :lmao:
Yup, it is :lmao:

But Jacki is gonna come back with lots of great shots :wav:
:addpics:
:addpics:

I am just unsure of how you plan to pull it off with the use of only natural light. You are taking shots in the mid day. You want to be candid, so you wond be using reflectors, or any other way to change the lighting except with your legs running to switch positions. You said you are going to be taking pictures at a very sunny time of day, which says shadows are going to be very harsh. The way to lessen shadows, and bring out the highlights; Flash.

With advice on groups. Keep the shots limited to a few people, be aware of your backgrounds, you may want to try to shoot in shaded area's to avoid shadows, use a circular polarizer if you have one since you will be outdoors, try to get in close to your subjects, smile yourself, and hope for a cloudy day.

i agree. As much as i LOVE using natural light and prefer to shoot in natural light as much as possible, there always comes a time where the great outdoors and lovely harsh shadows leave you will no other option but to use a flash....and im still amazed at how well the flash really works after I do everything i can to not use it.

Most reactions

Back